RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for .45 ACP TC or SWC suggestions

The XDm's are fixed, even the new XD's (last couple years?) they feed most anything now, I've yet to have any type not feed reliable, even with .357 Sig barrel and a 9mm in a XDm40, I run various swc's in all calibers(not the Sig),they have been the most reliable of all my autos. Don't know for sure when the "hump" came to the XD, I think just before the XDm's were released.
    sent via hammer and chisel

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Super View Post
    The XDm's are fixed, even the new XD's (last couple years?) they feed most anything now, I've yet to have any type not feed reliable, even with .357 Sig barrel and a 9mm in a XDm40, I run various swc's in all calibers(not the Sig),they have been the most reliable of all my autos. Don't know for sure when the "hump" came to the XD, I think just before the XDm's were released.
    The smaller calibers were never as much of an issue feeding SWC as teh big ole 45. My XDTAC is only 3yrs old & will NOT feed a LSWC 100%, so I switched over to a 200gr LTC.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Vendor Sponsor

I can offer you one of this

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...14#post1883114

works OK in XD
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Master

I'd take Miha up on that one, his molds are amazing, and no wait!

It's an XD Be a man and use a 230 RN with 5 gr of Bullseye. No such thing as a feed problem with a RN bullet.
    The only part of the metric system America has embraced is the 9mm.

Remember incoming fire has the right of way

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Moonie, I hate to tell you, but if you're using the Lee 200grSWC that has a conventional lube groove, you're not bucking the trend, but instead you're right in it, as that boolit is a clone of the H&G #68. It might not be the most accurate copy of the 68, but it's close enough, as it feeds as well as a 68, shoots as well as a 68, smells as well as a 68, tastes as well as a 68, so who cares if it looks slightly different?

I too love this bullet. I too use the Lee mold.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Buddy
    I am using the MiHec .45 200g Cramer HP mold. Still dialing it in for the XPs. So far no problems.

Boolit Bub
    Oh no. Now I may have to pony up the cash for one of Miha's amazing molds. I'll just tell myself that its a choice between this and spending the money on j-words. After all, I have to feed the addiction somehow, don't I? Yea, that will work. Feeling better already.

Miha - you have a PM.
    jld_in_IA
    John

Banned
    John,

First of all a hearty hello from a fellow Iowan. If you would like to try some 200gr SWC's in your XD send me a PM and we could try to hit the range on the weekend.
    I'm only a few miles away in Marion.

Joe

How about a new XDm 45 , 4.5 ,5.25,or 3.8(I think thats the three). Then SWC's are a guarantee, it's an excuse for another gun.
    sent via hammer and chisel

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Boolit Grand Master

Miha Products 200 HP is an AWESOME mold and great boolit design. VERY accurate.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Super View Post
    How about a new XDm 45 , 4.5 ,5.25,or 3.8(I think thats the three). Then SWC's are a guarantee, it's an excuse for another gun.
    Now you're just trying to get me into trouble. Actually, the XD-s that I want to feed is still new and unfired. I've been trying to solve that problem but either the schedule or the weather have been working against me for the last week since I bought it.

Of course, I have the 1911, but its a bit of a work in progress. I really need to fit a new barrel to it before I try to feed it any more cast. The factory barrel (Llama) slugged at .4535. It's actually big enough that I can drop a bore brush down the barrel and it hardly slows down before exiting the other end. The new barrel is sitting here waiting for me to get around to it. Then I need to get a bushing and a link to fit correctly. Like I said,... work in progress.
    jld_in_IA
    John