Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: lee challenger press genius or slow learner?

Boolit Bub

lee challenger press genius or slow learner?

Kinda nifty, had to share, can't see it being a new idea but I sure like the way it works. Almost as good as the ones with the hole through to drop spent primers out the bottom.
    I reversed the ram on my lee challenger press, to eject primers out the front into a trash can, not sure if been done before but sure works for me. I like not having to empty out receptacle on the side. Plus not shooting the occasional one across the bench amongst other stuff. Who knows maybe it was in the directions somewheres?

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Not a bad ideal I have tinker with the primer problem myself. I have rotated my rams on different presses so work great flipped around others not so good. The most handy thing I have found was taking a small can and cutting it down to about 1/2 inch tall. Then I punch a hole in the bottom for the ram to fit threw. I slip that over the ram and use a small strap to hold it from going up with the ram. I cut one side out so the primers will exit into a catch can screw to the side of my table. But unlike you I never thought of sharing it with others thinking it has already been done. But to think of it a lot of new people are joining all the time. Thanks for sharing surely it will help someone.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Bub
    Yeah figured I get enough ideas off here maybe I could add some too. Its not perfect by any means, but what is, I'd rather sweep up the ones that miss the trashcan ( I'm shooting bout a 95%average) than empty the small tray molded into these things, my biggest issue was having them bounce backwards into other stuff on my reloading bench there's enough stuff on there already don't need more, besides easier to save and scrap em.