WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Anyone use size F buck?

Anyone use size F buck?

I've been loading up some 12 gauge loads with #F (.22) and #1(.30) buck in the same shotcup over a charge of Unique.

Today I did some patterning against some cardboard sillouettes and I was pretty amazed with how tight the patterns were out of an open choke. The loads were 2x7 #F and 2x3 #1 for a total of 20 pellets. At a paced off distance of 30', 18 fell on the "head" of the target.

I was mostly trying to put together a woodchuck load for my step dad but I have no data for how well .22 lead balls work at around 1000fps. I mean, I wouldn't want to get hit with one (or 14 of them!), but I'm wondering if anyone uses smaller sized buck shot for mid sized animals (coyotes, things like that).
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Boolit Master

We've used BB size lead shot for night calling of varmints, including coyotes and bobcats for years. Use #4 buck,too. Always wanted to try some of the letter shot,T or F, but it is hard to find . Who is selling that size shot now?
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....

Boolit Buddy
    ...Ballistic Products...

Boolit Bub
    used one of BPI's 2 3/4" loads and F on coyotes last year and it puts a hurting on them.

Thanks Al--that's from the BPI buckshot manual? I have a pdf copy of it someplace that I need to re-read.

Boolit Bub
    John, it was the 2nd load with Fiocchi hulls and Steel powder. Used both T and F can't say as I seen much difference. I might switch to a Federal hull this year, they are a little deeper inside and might be easier to crimp, or may just roll crimp them.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/load01-15-10.htm

I have the BPI roll crimper and it works amazing with a drill press. I use that, and the clear overshot discs, and it sure makes a cool looking shell! I just put a drop of "Marvel Mystery Oil" and the roll crimper, and it can do about 10 shells before it needs another drop.