Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starline?

Vendor Sponsor

For Strait Walled Rifle or pistol my first choice is always Starline. Everything I have gotten from them has been first rate.

As far as buying it goes,,,,

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/238/1 is the place. Their prices are lower than the factory.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    For Strait Walled Rifle or pistol my first choice is always Starline. Everything I have gotten from them has been first rate.

As far as buying it goes,,,,

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/238/1 is the place. Their prices are lower than the factory.

Randy
    Their prices are very slightly lower, but they charge shipping. Starline doesn't. Starline's price break at 1000 cases makes this especially noticeable. Since the link pointed to 44 specials, I compared this brass. TOTW is $198.38, Starline is 158.00.

I have had good success with Starline brass. For some cartridges, it is almost the only way get brass. In fact, I have just received some 9mm Win Mag brass that I am going to load soon as possible. Loading data is very scant, and I am still waiting for dies.

re: custom headstamps. I just looked at my old Midway 8mm Nambu brass (originally loaded ammo), and it is indeed stamped "Midway 8mm Nambu". My old man brought the pistol back from WWII, and I wanted him to be able to shoot it back when he was still able to. I do have dies for it, and have reloaded the brass.

Boolit Bub
    I haven't bought brass from TOTW but have bought some other items. Their shipping charges are very reasonable, and their speed of delivery was phenominal, 2 days from order to delivery for mold handles and sizing die. Theirs is the fastest most plesant service I have had in years.

Even down here, Starline brass is priced better than the other brands.

I use it exclusively in the 45-70 now, both yellow brass and nickle plated.

I am on my 8th reload on one batch of Starline in the 45-70, had to trim only twice.

A mate uses it in his 45-90 and also has similar experiences of satisfaction.

In the 45-70, give me Starline over remmy anytime.

Mike

Good site, thanks. When I got into casting, Lyman sizer dies for my 450 machine were $5. Of course at that time gasoline was $0.299 per gallon ... sometimes less.

Boolit Master
    Good stuff, I use it in 45 Colt, .357 and 44-40.

ukrifleman

Starline is good stuff. I use it in all of my pistols and it seems to hold up longer then most other brands. I have had a batch of 45 acp that was all very short, so I just shoot them out the revolover. Other then this one time, I have been very pleased with Starline.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvan View Post
    You used to be able to order starline brass with a custom head stamp.
    (sic)
    That might still be option as they can do special orders but the minimum run is 10,000 cases. I wanted to get some 357 extra maximum cases i.e. 2" long. At the time I contacted them they said they couldn't draw brass that long. But now that they are offering 45-70 brass, maybe it's an option.

Well I have never used Starline Brass for pistols. But with all of the good reports here I broke down and put in an order for some .44 Magnum Brass.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master

Best 10mm brass I've ever used. As far as Israeli brass goes I've got 5 gallon buckets full of once fired TZZ.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Well I have never used Starline Brass for pistols. But with all of the good reports here I broke down and put in an order for some .44 Magnum Brass.
    Wise move, IMO.

I bought a thousand of 'em during the summer. STRONG loads and they hold up beautifully. You will not be disappointed.

Gibson Thank You for the report. I also picked up 1000 .44 Magnum as it was easy to justify the cost difference between 500 and 1000. I felt it would be just plain dumb to just get 500 with so little difference.

I plan to use these in my New Lipsey's Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk with the 3.75 barrel when it shows up lol. Might be a couple of months.

Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 12-13-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    The length of the brass is indeed an option provided the supplier of the "slugs" for the caliber to be drawn add a little more to the core slug to cover the extra expected draw. ... felix
    felix

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    The length of the brass is indeed an option provided the supplier of the "slugs" for the caliber to be drawn add a little more to the core slug to cover the extra expected draw. ... felix
    What was this about Felix?

Vendor Sponsor

What a difference a few years makes.

I had to make my 5" barreled SBH, then a year later I bought a BH with 4.5/8' bbl which was a Lipseys special run for SASS which was rejected. Lipseys sold all of that batch of 500 in two days! and then reordered 1000 more and sold all of them in 3 days!

They do know how to move guns! And that's why Ruger will build anything they want. My GSR also came from them. Now you can get an SBH with a 3.75" barrel?

I bought 250 Special cases from Track of the Wolf a few years ago and that will be enough for me for along time, as they will probably be reloaded dozens of times in the .44 Special. Like .45 acp cases any of them will last indefiantely, however the Starline ones will last forever cuz they are that good.

As a side note: My mothers father was the only Republican to ever be elected to the Office of Sherriff in Sedalia MO. He served from 1931-32.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pistolman44 View Post
    First time loading for my new Marlin 45-70 GBL. New Starline brass and new set of dies. Running the brass thru the sizer die I got dents in the brass just below the case mouth. I lightly lubed every other case and got dents in most of the ones I lubed. Using RCBS case lube with pad. Been reloading for over 35 years and never had this happen before. any sugestions?
    I got those when I used too much case lube. I cut back on the lube and the dents were rare. Now I use Hornady One Shot and don't get dents.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Now you can get an SBH with a 3.75" barrel?

Randy
    I hope so lol. I Pre Paid for one. But it is the CRAZY time of year so the next batch might be in at the end of December or January. Keeping my Fingers Crossed.

Here is the Link http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.as...ems=exclusives

Perma-Banned

I have been using the Starline brass in 45 long colt and 44 special. I have not had any problems and have been totally satisfied.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
    I have been using the Starline brass in 45 long colt and 44 special. I have not had any problems and have been totally satisfied.
    My revolvers all use them and God knows they have taken strong loads and multiple loadings in most: .45 Colt, .357 mag, .44 mag, .500 mag. I'd trust these when in search of the white buffalo

Boolit Buddy
    I live close to them so i go there a lot to pick mine up.fine folks to.showed me the place lots of times.and next door is a fine place to buy bullets.Sierra bullets 1400 w henry street sedalia mo.But as i said it is good brass.
    We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.