RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Remington 511 Scoremaster

Boolit Master

Question Remington 511 Scoremaster

A good friend of mine, he's a young 83, has his fathers pre WWII Remington 511 rifle. Several years ago, probably after he got back from Korea, he drilled and tapped it for a side mount scope. In the years since then, the mount and scope have disappeared and now he would like to re-mount a scope on it.

I've done some searching on Weaver's site, since that was the side mount used initially, and the only thing I'm finding is a #48402, detachable side mount, and a #49340, 1" long high bracket & rings. He doesn't feel that either of these are correct. On top of that, in order for this rifle to appear period correct, a 3/4" scope tube would be needed. Weaver doesn't make 3/4" rings.

I guess what I'm looking for, or asking, are alternatives, suggestions. Could it be that the original base part# was supersceded? This could wind up being something else to look for at the area shows, but it would help to know exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

In Remebrance

Weaver does still make 3/4" rings for side mounts, or they did a couple years back. Check Brownells to start with. You may have to haunt the auction sites if Brownells can't help.

Looks like there's a Weaver 3/4" side mount base/ring set on eBay right now, for $5, that would probably work. Ends tomorrow.

It's the split ring style and appears to be nicely "aged" which might actually make it look a bit more "period correct".

HTH . . . Doug
    NRA Life Member

But the People, in their weeping, bare the iron hand.
    Beware the People weeping, when they bare the iron hand.
    . . . . "The Martyr", Herman Melville, 1865

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    Weaver does still make 3/4" rings for side mounts, or they did a couple years back. Check Brownells to start with. You may have to haunt the auction sites if Brownells can't help.
    I've 'talked' to a Weaver rep and he says that they no longer make 3/4" rings.

Doug,
    I'll have to check out that base, I found any number of scopes available, whether their any good...

After checking out that base, I checked some other listings and it looks like I need to find an N2 mount & rings. So I'm making progress, that's a plus.

I'd really like to help my friend get this rifle squared away. I know it means a lot to him.

Thanks
    Last edited by Czech_too; 06-30-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: update
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Do you mean a Weaver N2 like this one up for auction on eBay right now? WEAVER-N2-SCOPE-MOUNT-SIDE-BASE-VINTAGE It's currently going for $13+ and still has 6 days to go. (There's that "Vintage" thing again.)

Or here's one that's "buy-it-now" over on GunsAmerica.com WeaverN2 side mount for 3/4 scopes for $10+.

Doug
    NRA Life Member

But the People, in their weeping, bare the iron hand.
    Beware the People weeping, when they bare the iron hand.
    . . . . "The Martyr", Herman Melville, 1865

In Remebrance

Sorry, like I said, they did a couple years back.