Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners

Thread: TN hunting lodges

TN hunting lodges

I am slowly going stir crazy and only got one deer last year. SWMBO has proposed a boar axis hunt in TN for the two of us. We have been looking at Croy's Cabins after a great write up on the Ruger forum. My concer is avoiding a situation where ther is no hunting involved. I shot a hog in MO. A few years ago and didn't feel like I had hunted. I have nothing against these places for people with disabilities but I would like a hunting experience.

Anyone have any experience or advice? The Croy's website looks like the critters have free run of a lot of mountain ground. We would be open to suggestions.

Thanks
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    Think of every question you can write them down and take notes while on the phone. This has been my method for a while, like an interview. Many ranches advertise big areas to hunt but may be broken up with fence. I have spoke to guys that have eleven square miles of property and by asking questions finally found out the hunting area is 100 acres. Also the game hunted can add to the challange or lack of. I have been on two ranch hunts it' somewhat easy hunting, you should eventually get your animal. Check out North Texas Outfitters if you care to travel that far. They are on 1200 acres and have about 300 fenced off as a more affordable hunt area. We had a good time good host and guide. We went out at night with a spotlight and he showed us alot of game that we did not see during daylight. The owner said where they hide I don't know but they are here. John

Boolit Master

I think a coworker and his wife hunted deer there, I will check with him Monday
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Thanks
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.