MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Nevada Cast bullet Shoot

Hi all,

I am sorry to have to tell you that my Lovely and Gracious wife Marlene, will not be attending NCBS. Her mother Marjorie, who usually attends with us and will be 96 in Sep, is just not up to making the trip. Our daughter-in-law Martha, Darren's wife, was going to stay with Marjorie, but she injured her ribs recently, prognosis, it could be up to 4-6 weeks before she is better and in fact, her mother will be watching over her and Marlene will be home taking care of Marjorie.

Marlene was somewhat worried about coming this year as she has servere arthritic spurs on her spine and is scheduled for surgery Mon, Jun 25th. So she thinks it best that she set this one out.

Also, we just received a call last night from Marlene's cousin Jack and Anita Townsend that they will not be attending due to Jack not feeling well for quite sometime.

Myself, Darren, Grandson Chris and his girlfriend Chrystal, will be there. Looking forward to seeing you!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Love Life
    I still plan on being there. Change that. I will be there, and on my best behavior to boot! I am in the loading club as well. I thought I had everything under control until I went to the range this morning.

Love Life
    I am firming things up with Harter66. My leave got approved so I will be there. The anxiety is killing me. We need one of those count down things.

Love Life & Harter66,

You do have a reason to be anxious! .....cause your going to have a FANTASTIC TIME!

Looking forward to meeting you both. See you at the Griddle, Fri @ 1pm.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Buddy
    Leaving tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends. See you there.

Jeff

few more days and I still don't know how ready I am. But Jane and I will be heading out thursday and will probably see ya all at the Griddle at 1 on Friday. Hope everyone has a safe trip to the shindig.....Walt and Jane

Love Life
    One more day down...

well, it's Thursday morning and I believe I got everything in one bucket. Hope everyone has a safe trip to NCBS this year and see ya there....Walt and Jane

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Well I donno about 1 bucket but I've got it piled up . Still have a little to do today .

Love Life ,I will see you in the morning 8 am Williams and Taylor in Fallon.

I must be anxious I've been awake for an hr and the alarm doesn't go for another 10 min.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Banned

we are throwing the last few things in the tahoe and will be leaving in about 5 minutes.
    gonna mosey over,probably stop and look at the big ball of twine on the way.

Love Life
    I don't think all my stuff will fit in a bucket. Myself and Harter have firmed up plans and we should be seeing everybody at the griddle.

The fun starts tomorrow. I still have 358429s to load up and some 10mm.

Boolit Master

I'll be leaving in about 2 hours.
    Looking forward to lunch @ The Griddle tomorrow.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Love Life
    7:30 PM here. Truck is all loaded up and ready for the morning.

Im here at the westerner...
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Love Life
    0504-I am hitting the road to meet up with Harter66 in Fallon.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    These guys are awful quiet. There must not be an embedded reporter there~!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Yeah ... That's what happens when every one's having a good time ....
    They will let us know when things slow down maybe .....

Love Life
    I just got home about 30 minutes ago. All I can say is I had an amazing time. Sequence of events:

Lunch at griddle: Met mpbarry. Shortly after everybody else started showing. We all introduced ourselves, had some good grub, and word was passed.

Dinner on Firday- We all met up again and it looked like more people had arrived. I met a Curmudgeon and a retired master curmudgeon. Had a wonderful dinner conversation with Mrs. Onceabull, Onceabull, Mac, Harter, and many others. It looked like there was about 3,000 years of combined casting experience.

Saturday morning- After shaking out the cobwebs from Friday night's festivities we headed to the range. I promptly hit the pistol range to practice my misses. After about 45 minutes of practicing my missing, I was joined by mpbarry. He also practiced his missing. Once I felt good with my missing ability I then proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes or so practicing my excuses. With both of those abilities covered I just mosied around and watched what everybody else was doing. There was a large cross section of firearms.

Shooting continued. I shot pistol for score, and promptly decided that I was so good at missing that I didn't want to embarass anybody with my skill, and took the humble route and kept quiet about it.

More shooting was conducted. I got to shoot the breeze with Quilbilly, and he let me fire his rifle. It was fun and accurate. Then the event of the day was here. Shooting posts in half! Many rounds were expended and planks were cut. We also found out the answer to the following question: How many casters does it take to work a stopwatch? Answer: 3

After the main event things died down a bit, and everybody parted ways for the evening.

Sunday- Hit the range a bit late. We had to take down camp first. I got to talk with Quilbilly some more and many members let me shoot their rifles. I was very thankful. After a couple hours it was time for main event. The team rifle shoot! We squared off against eachother and smashed clay pigeons. Team one won. I was on team one

There is much more, but that is the condensed version of my time there. I didn't talk too much, but just listened and had a great time. Godwilling if I am still close next year I will be there. It was just an absolutely amazing time. Great people, guns, food. What else could you ask for?

P.S. About a third of us all had the 1st name.

Hey, loved the shoot, have posted some pictures of you fine people.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/album.php?albumid=741 hope everyone can straighten out who's who.

Banned

Thanks for the great pics, FoxHound, wish we could have been there!

Gear