WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plinking slug load

Quote Originally Posted by VdoMemorie View Post
    designed by very smart engineers under the influence of alcohol
    Ow that sounds good wait firearms and excessive drinking dose not sound like a good idea to me
    ya i ordered the Lyman sabot slug 525gr i bought the lee initially due to the cost however i just don't want to fight it or alter it ( You cant polish a turd )
    Who ever appeals to the law against his fellow man is ether a fool or a coward.
    whoever can not take care of himself with out that law is both
    for a wounded man will say to his assailant if i die you are forgiven if i live i will kill you such is the rule of honor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Net_Ranger101 View Post
    . . . Any suggestions on the new mold i was thinking a Lyman 1-Cavity Foster Slug 475 Grain

i think that would do the trick considering its a great improvement compared to the lee mold
    Only if you have Erik @ Hollow Point Bullet Mold Service open it up to cast at 0.730" under his drive band enlargement service pricing. Otherwise it is undersized at 0.705" to 0.715" depending on what vintage the mold is and which cherry it was cut from. So modified to cast at a correct diameter it will work fairly well so long as you are careful not to cast from hard alloy and then shoot it through a gun with a tight choke.

The Lyman 525gr. "over grown air pellet" mold that also goes inside of a shot wad like the Lee but is much easier to cast with and is a higher quality mold then the Lee is probably your best choice. Federal 12S4 wads have worked the very best for me with that slug.

Ooops . . . Didn't realize there was a second page to this thread already before I posted. Looks like you already made the decision to go with the Lyman 525. It should serve you well.