Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision

Thread: First Time Using Carnuba Red

Boolit Master

First Time Using Carnuba Red

awesome!

i use a lamp to heat up my star lubesizer. once it warmed up a bit i cranked out a few thousand boolits tonight

i have a feeling i'm going to like this stuff. i started with javelina because the press came with some, i was super happy when i moved to the BAC due to less mess. now i'm amazed at the CR lube. awesome!!
    great job on the lubes Glenn!

Boolit Master

i use the C/R on 38 sp to 308 good stuff
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    It really is great stuff! I use it on a number of hangun calibers and rifle from small to very large (.470 Nitro Express). Is a perfect lube for folks who do not want to change out the lube in a sizer!

Me too, I have used many others, made some of my own & you can't really beat WhiteLabel CR for an all around bullet lube IMO.

Banned

You haven't "used" it 'till you've shot it, but I think you'll like the way it shoots unless you live in a cold climate.

Gear

At what temperature does CR have issues with? I read Gears' post on cold climate's not being ideal for CR.

I have loaded up some 9.3 and 45-70 boolits lubed with CR for hunting in the next few months. It is coming into winter down here and it looks like it might be a cold one.

The minimum temperature I will be hunting in will be around 40F, is this too cold for CR?

Mike

I just made the change over to Carnuba Red and it looks like this will be the lube i stay with.

It's good stuff for sure, I've been mixing it with NRA 50/50 and a splash of more Bee's wax. Sure leaves my Bores nice a shiney.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    40 degrees F is pushing things, depending on the situation.
    My 45-70 doesn't seem to care about temp with CR but my 32-20 is picky. I get cold barrel flyers with CR below 40 to 50 degrees.
    It doesn't lead, isn't that sort of an issue. It is more a factor of cold barrel flyers, get the barrel a bit warmed up and all is well.

I think it has to do with small, light bullets. Having trouble overcoming the lube film left by regions shots. Bigger, heavier bullets are much less affected as they can override the previous lube film easily.

Boolit Master
    I use CR in everything I shoot. I think the only temperature issue would be whether or not the barrel is already coated with it. But, then again, I don't live with a lot of cold weather. Texas is pretty warm.

My 44 Special and 41 mag do fine with it. The only problem I can see is if you have copper fouling, then dissolving CR to get at the underlying copper fouling requires acetone. I've only had to do that once. Otherwise, it gets along great with mineral spirits as a cleaner.

Ron
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton