Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Why copper plate cast bullets????

Boolit Buddy

Why copper plate cast bullets????

I've seen the discussion on copper plating bullets,but why would this be done,to lead cast bullets?? I mist something somewhere!!!!

Banned

it's for guy's that would rather clean copper from thier bbl's.
    some indoor ranges won't let you shoot naked lead.

Boolit Mold
    Because it can be done. I have not done this but a lot of things I do with my reloading hobby is done to see if I can accomplish it.

Boolit Buddy
    For me, pretty much all of the above (aside from cleaning copper out of my barrel). It's fun to experiment, learn from the mistakes, and see the finished product improve. I imagine some of us in that thread are also engineers or otherwise technically-inclined and like to see our ideas and schemes come to life The boolits are also shiny and pretty!

For me it was simply a matter of "Hmmm, I wonder what it would take for me to do that???" Many of my hair-brained ideas begin from nothing more that the simple curiosity of whether or not I can do it. Occasionally, they even work--sometimes TOO good--that's usually when I get myself into trouble with the better half--because I go crazy experimenting with all the things the original idea blossoms into.
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Boolit Master

After reading about this 20+ years ago, and viewing some videos online, I'm going to give it a whirl. My main objective will be copper plating my 225415 for my .223 loads. I'm getting a checkmaker from Pat and will still run them through the sizer with lube. I will likely try some without lube just to see how that goes as well.

I have a couple molds that would look sweet if plated and would likely pass muster on those indoor ranges that require fully plated boolits. I have this one hollow point that would look sweet with copper plating and a neon lime green airsoft pellet seated in the nose. Zombies beware! Frank