Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: Air compressor for Mark VI/ gun room cleaning duties

Air compressor for Mark VI/ gun room cleaning duties

Looking for a recommendation for an air compressor to run double duty in my gun room... it will be used on my mark VI lubrasizer and also will be used for cleaning purposes after pulling gun parts out of my ultrasonic.

Id like a small and quiet machine as my gun room is in my house and space is limited. Any suggestions on make/model that will work? Id rather buy once and be done with it.
    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Boolit Man
    What I did was to mount a small air tank from a semi trailer air brake system under my bench (http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/air-co...nks/1-2-gallon) and use a small Craftsman air compressor/inflator (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ckType=G2#desc) to fill the tank when needed. About a hundred bucks (including the parts/pieces to plumb everything together), takes up virtually no space and it works good for me.

Boolit Master

My guess would be one of the small pancake type compressors units

I bought a small one gallon pancake type from walmart. Cost about 50 bucks. A tank full will run my air feed on my star and my homemade case feeder on my lock n load for a long time.
    Founder/Administrator
    www.MSGunOwners.com

from experience I can tell you that the Sears oilless compressors are noisy. much noisier than the oiled compressors/

Boolit Bub

Air compressor

After spending 40 years in the service repair business I would make my selection for air compressor very carefully the words cheap and good do not go together here if you are in a warmer climate where it never gets below freezing I would use a compressor sitting outside or in a garage or in a closet and just plumb line over to where I needed to plug into it I would select what they call it to bearing unit where the motor does not connect directly onto it and I would also select the oil unit the oiles air compressors on the market today almost all of them are single bearing have very fast recovery time fairly noisy and no durability you will replace it within five years if you use it much at all if you have a Harbor freight tools near you they sell both units I think you can pick up a to bearing oil unit for right around $200 maybe 250 you can pick up to cheat the pancake unit for I think 69 or $79 if you're looking for a little more quality I personally have two bearing unit I bought from tractor supply belt driven oil pump cast iron sleeves paid right about 300 two years ago still works well recovers as quickly as it did the day it was new I expect many years of service on also on the oiles compressors I would be extremely careful of amp draw an easy way to burn your house down

Hope this helped
    slim 400

Boolit Buddy
    i have many compressors......too many lol.
    anyway, i have a very small and light senco. it is made for finish and brad nailers and has a very small tank. i use it more in my gunroom than anywhere else and use it for my mark VI as well.

http://www.cposenco.com/senco-pc1010...co-compressors

Banned
    I use a 2 gal 1/3hp compressor I think its a Tool Shop brand. Its less than $20 on sale and as long as you maintain a compressor you don't need to spend mega bucks on one. If your fittings don't leak the air lasts a long long time. The only reason I didn't go with a plain air tank was this was cheaper.

Boolit Master
    If you want a small inexpensive unit, then the Harbor Freight pancake compressor will fill the bill.

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-95275.html

You can get it for $39.99 with the coupon in most gun magazines.

Small - 3 gal & 20 lbs, noisy - put outside or the next room, low output - 0.6 CFM @ 90 PSI and cheap - reg $80, sale $65 or coupon $40. It may be just what you are looking for.

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfloyd View Post
    If you want a small inexpensive unit, then the Harbor Freight pancake compressor will fill the bill.

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-95275.html

You can get it for $39.99 with the coupon in most gun magazines.

Small - 3 gal & 20 lbs, noisy - put outside or the next room, low output - 0.6 CFM @ 90 PSI and cheap - reg $80, sale $65 or coupon $40. It may be just what you are looking for.

Lafaun
    fullofdays: If you can't get a cupon for the HF air compressor, I will send you one from my Guns and Ammo Magazine. Just send me a PM and with your address and I will send it to you. The compressor Coupon is good until August 3, 2012. They are $39.99 and the regular price is $79.99

Be careful to get enough pressure. I have a a 80 (120 max) psi compressor & the air follower for my lube sizer would not work at those pressures. Maybe newer units have bigger cylinders which I concluded I needed.
    NRA Life Member
    member South County Rod & Gun Club