RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me spend my smoking money

When I quit cigarettes I used to put $20. away each week. The only problem I had with that was whenever I had saved about half the price of my next toy I'd start planning ahead to whatever was to come next. Right then I decided that should I ever start smoking again I would increase my usage so that when I quit the second time I could save faster. Fortunately it never came to that and I am off for almost 30 years. I stopped the weekly saving long ago and now I wonder where that $20 goes every week.
    "He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
    Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
    PRPA, Annual member

Boolit Master

I can give a vote for the AR in 300 AAC Blackout, fun little gun, we have 2 of them. It is fairly close to 30-30 in a modern package.

Boolit Master

I'd stay away from the semi's for cost effective shooting! Hang in there, I watched my dad struggle to quit and stay that way for years, once he lapsed after 8 years. I think he finally has it licked, but I still wouldn't tempt him. He bought fishing gear with his savings, I think it helped keep him on track, but when he lapsed he still had his gear. Maybe make a deal with the wife that all the guns purchased with the savings go to the pawnshop (or at least put away for a while) if you lapse.

Boolit Bub
    23 days today! Every day is getting easier that's for sure.

Well I ended up spending what I had saved already and have a new rifle. My buddy was selling his Savage FCP 10 McMillan and I decided to take it off his hands. I of course owe him the next 3 months of my smoking money but that's a good thing

Thanks guys, now I have 3 months to decided what my next purchase will be.

Banned

Good for you. Go get some loy pops. It will give your hands something to do. That was the hard part for me.