RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: Steiner binoculars

Steiner binoculars

About 2 years ago I purchased a pair of compact binoculars for $100.00 on sale at Bass Pro. Last season during an intense turkey hunt they got slammed against a log and damaged, had to close 1 eye to use them. I finally sent them back 3 weeks ago. Cost $11.00 to ship and I had to send a check for $18.00 to cover the return trip. They came back yesterday, good as new. Not bad.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Moderator Emeritus

Not at all. The Steiners I have seen had an extra zero in the price that you quoted.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I've looked through some Steiners that out local Fish Cop has on board.
    They are so sharp and clear it almost hurt my eyes!
    Amazing glass

Boolit Master
    I bought my mom and dad Predator Pro's for their birthdays. Real nice goods. A while later, I got jealous and wanted a pair, but I had a hard time locating any. So I kicked in a couple more dollars and got the military / marine in 8x40. I will never go back to anything less. Those steiners are the bees knees. At least till I looked through my uncles Swarovski's. DAMN!!
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by 292 View Post
    About 2 years ago I purchased a pair of compact binoculars for $100.00 on sale at Bass Pro. Last season during an intense turkey hunt they got slammed against a log and damaged, had to close 1 eye to use them. I finally sent them back 3 weeks ago. Cost $11.00 to ship and I had to send a check for $18.00 to cover the return trip. They came back yesterday, good as new. Not bad.

Did you send your glasses to Burris; if no to whom?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    I bought my mom and dad Predator Pro's for their birthdays. Real nice goods. A while later, I got jealous and wanted a pair, but I had a hard time locating any. So I kicked in a couple more dollars and got the military / marine in 8x40. I will never go back to anything less. Those steiners are the bees knees. At least till I looked through my uncles Swarovski's. DAMN!!
    Yep not in the same class, but neither is the bucks. lol
    Somethings are just hard for a working man to justify for a working man, I doubt I ever own a pair of sworvski's, as much as I would like a pair. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    Did you send your glasses to Burris; if no to whom?
    Yes, Burris owns or imports Steiners.
    "Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters." Archibald Rutledge

http://doingitoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Boolit Master
    My dad told us about 15 years ago he wanted a pair of Stieners they were about 500 , mom had a hard time with that but she got them for him , i bought the case that was a bit more in my price range i was about 18 and still in school

his instructions were get Stieners or don't bother

they were so clear that at Bass pro we could read the the titles on the video tapes on the far wall of the store , mom drug him to the opera or phantom of the opera play something like that the next year he brought the Steiners they were in the balcony and he could read the sheet music for the musicians in the orchestra pit

he likes them at the range , on the boat , and hunting

they are that good.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    About 10 years ago at the BIG Indianapolis gun show a feller was seller out the discontinued model of Steiner Predators. $155 out the door. So I chose a random box and looked into the farthest, darkest corner. The detail was fantastic. Tried a couple other brands he had sitting there and non were better at double + the money. Have hunted with them each time up north there and I find no fault. Been dropped, bumped and hung on nails up in trees through all sorts of nasty weather and always worked well.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

I bought a set of M-22 7X50mm (made in W. Germany) about 10 years ago. Loved them, but my brother broke the adjustment ring on the right barrel and ripped the rubber eye cups. Got zero support from Steiner USA and their Canadian rep had gone under. Ended up tossing them in the junk drawer and bought a set of Leicas. Fantastic customer support from the latter. I wouldn't think of buying another pair of Steiner.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting."
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master
    My wife bought me set of steiners think they are the 8x50 ones. Best set of binocs I have ever used. Best part is that I can use them with my glasses on. Frank