Thread: Chapman "Famous" Midget Ratchet for Lyman 450

Post Chapman "Famous" Midget Ratchet for Lyman 450

Chapman "Famous" Midget Ratchet
    http://www.chapmanmfg.com/AboutChapmanTools.html

$1.50 CM- 24 1/4 in. Square Drive Adapter
    http://www.chapmanmfg.com/publishIma...element392.jpg
    $4.50 CM-13 Midget Ratchet
    http://www.chapmanmfg.com/Parts/chsqad.gif

And add $5.00 or so for shipping to CONUS (they calculate it on the order page). They do PayPal, and I suppose CC over the phone as well. (860) 349 - 9228

It's not what you know, but who you know...

Boolit Master
    An option is to go over to Sears and take a look at their Craftsman 42161 ratcheting box end wrench. They are 1/4 on one end and 5/16 on the other. I like it because it is longer and sturdier than the Chapman. I have both but always get the Craftsman out when I use the 450.
    Some times it's the pot,
    Some times it's the pan,
    It might even be the skillet,
    But, most of the time, it's the cook.

Boolit Master
    Had mine for years now ,,,,, and iv'e only "misplaced" two bits
    Last edited by adrians; 05-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had my Chapman screwdriver set for 43 years, broke one bit, haven't lost any. That's through four apartments and three houses.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

My Lyman 4500 came with a cheap Chinese copy. Definately will call Chapman on Monday and order a replacement to use instead. Thanks for the heads up, didn't know they sold independantly.
    "My feeling is this, give him plenty of time, plenty of birds, and a little direction, and he'll hunt his heart out for me. That's all I ask."

Boolit Buddy
    Funny, my Lyman 4500 came with a legit Chapman ratchet. Last year I was ordering some parts for the sizer and I decided to order a spare ratchet, and the one that showed up was also a genuine Chapman.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --BattleRife

In Remembrance

If you look in a tool section of about any large store with a hardware section you will find this type of ratchet.Robert

You could also go to any of the chain auto parts stores and get one of their store-brand 1/4 inch drive ratchets, and a socket to fit. A standard 1/4 inch socket is a perfect fit on my Lyman 450. Don't know if they changed the size on the 4500 but I would think not. Even if they did there's still most likely a standard socket (either SAE or Metric) that would fit. Just sayin'.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jlchucker View Post
    You could also go to any of the chain auto parts stores and get one of their store-brand 1/4 inch drive ratchets, and a socket to fit. A standard 1/4 inch socket is a perfect fit on my Lyman 450. Don't know if they changed the size on the 4500 but I would think not. Even if they did there's still most likely a standard socket (either SAE or Metric) that would fit. Just sayin'.
    I'm not sure how much Lyman 450's have been changed over the years, but if I use a 1/4" ratchet and socket on mine the sizer handle won't go up all the way. The ratchet and socket are too tall. The Chapman ratchet works fine, though.
    "Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." Doug Patton

Converting lead into gold

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I'm not sure how much Lyman 450's have been changed over the years, but if I use a 1/4" ratchet and socket on mine the sizer handle won't go up all the way. The ratchet and socket are too tall. The Chapman ratchet works fine, though.

Remove the cover from the lube resevoir first then replace the socket/ratchet on the stem and back the pressure nut up and out.Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    I have one that I acquired somewhere. Says Lyman on it and has the colored case hardened rainbow effect on it.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin