Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Egg whites for the tinsel fairy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    I'd rather take medical advice from a doctor.
    Doctors cause 250,000 deaths per year.
    http://www.naturodoc.com/library/pub...ause_death.htm
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Banned
    Man, talk about confusing cause and effect... the mind boggles.

It's not the water so much as it is completely cutting off exposure to air.

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by RayinNH View Post
    Doctors cause 250,000 deaths per year.
    http://www.naturodoc.com/library/pub...ause_death.htm
    Aw man! You aren't supposed to point that out. People might actually start thinking for themselves.

Banned

Honey is great for cuts and so is sugar. Both prevent infection and promote faster healing.
    What they said about the egg white was the collagen it has in it.
    Yeah, it is hard to trust store bought eggs though.

Boolit Man
    After you cool a burn down then apply something to keep the air currents off. Burned skin losses it protective barrier. The burned feeling later on is evaporation. You need something to keep evaporation in check. Using neosporin is greasy and stops fluid loss. It also prevents infection. If you need medical care later the silvadene needs to be scrubbed off. It is thick and white. After neosporin apply a clean and dry dressing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter2 View Post
    After you cool a burn down then apply something to keep the air currents off. Burned skin losses it protective barrier. The burned feeling later on is evaporation. You need something to keep evaporation in check. Using neosporin is greasy and stops fluid loss. It also prevents infection. If you need medical care later the silvadene needs to be scrubbed off. It is thick and white. After neosporin apply a clean and dry dressing.
    Yeah, good idea, I don't want my blood alcy to evaporate either!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The stuff the medicals use is compounded to duplicate the natural treatments. The purpose is to block air, and have a cooling effect. The difference between egg whites and aloe, as compared to the commercial preparations is the price.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

I was burned bad on my arm long ago and ran to the tub with a hose. I ran cold water on it for 20 minutes.
    I never got a blister and have no scar.
    At the least, get the burn cold and keep it cold.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillo View Post
    For more years than I care to remember I worked in an aluminum reduction plant. Burns were an everyday occurance. The very best thing you can do for a burn is to immediately immerse it in cool or better yet cold water. Skin continues to remain hot and burn further and deeper even after the heat source has been removed. Immersion in cool water stops this process. A sprint to the nearest water fountain has saved my hide on many occasions. Burns thus treated hurt a lot less and heal a lot faster.

Also worked in a foundry (18yrs / aluminum wheels) don't miss it at all... seen a lot of burns and missing fingers. Best thing is FRC's and as much body hair as you can grow... keeps the cooling aluminum off you, as you run around bobbing and weaving until everything hits the floor.