WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: New Supplier..Hummm Maybe

Boolit Buddy

New Supplier..Hummm Maybe

OK guys...was fumbling around on web and found ROTOMETALS... Anybody bought from them? Well I did. They have alot of products and are generally a nonferrous supplier. ROTOMETALS..just google them.

Bought some Linotype and a 'super hard' ingot... 30 % antimony..705 lead. All came today faily fast. Metals 'look' ok but have not dumped them into my pot. Problem here is...I bought a new skimmer and ladle and they did NOT show up. Bummer. So, sent them a note tonight to see if I got screwed. Don't know. We will see what we will see.

So question to the site is, Has anyone else bought from these guys? Are they crooks? Is there metal any good. Am I in for a 'snow' job and have to eat my $50 bucks for the skimmer and ladle?

Comments?

Nose Dive

Cheap, Fast, Good. Kindly pick two.

Boolit Man

They are a sponsor here, so I doubt they are going to screw you.

Psssstt, check the banner .........

Banned

top right...

Boolit Buddy
    Duh... Couldn't see the forest for all the trees. Never really paid much attention to the banners, but sure enough... and....

Called them..said part of shipment came in anthoer box which is due today. we will see.

Also double checked the alloys...one was wrong stuff. Called them again and little girl said she would send right stuff right away and a shipping sticker to return wrong alloy. So, I guess... so far so good. But don't have laddle and skimmer. Time will tell... thanks guys.

Nose Dive

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Lots of us have dealt with them. They are 100% in my book and of course, they are human and could make a mistake. I see them as a real stand-up organisation.

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Boolit Grand Master

Many here have been buying from them for some time now, in my book they are 110%.

Sent the wrong metal? First time I've heard that from them. Well, I guess they their shipping dept doesn't walk on water but it sounds like they are making good on it. What did they send?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Talking

I have bought from them and they were very nice and great service.

I bought enough that the shipping was free.

Another thing to consider is with their certified alloy you can check out your moulds size and weight with a known alloy. Not just wheel weights that you cast from, but from known percentages of alloy like their wheel weight alloy.

Then you can use this data with your own alloy to make a comparison of size,weight, and hardness.

Boolit Buddy
    OK guys...Got my laddle and skimmer...came yesterday.... I bought some of their 'extra hard' alloy #2 and smelted it last night with some old plumbers lead i got from an old sewer line that was demo'd in Galveston a few years back. All mixed well and will check Brinnell later this AM. After an hour and a half of fluxing...(the old bell and spigot lead was NASTY) I was wishing I had melted it all by itself before mixing in the alloy #2. Anyway, live, smelt, learn. They are sending me my Linotype and a shipping label to return the mistaken metal. Can't do any better for me than that. "Stand up' company in my opinion. I may just keep the alloy and mix it with some 'nuke lead' i bought, just to see what it will do. I have found a 5 gallon bucket of old wheel weights in the shed I had forgotten about...might just alloy it all with that.

We will see. Thanks for the feed back guys.

Nose Dive

Boolit Master

Talking

Always melt your scrap lead into ingots first so you have a known weight to mix into an alloy with.

Then you can mix it by weight with a known alloy by weight, and be able to repeat it again.