RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Court date for a judge

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell

Court date for a judge

Just for fun,

I've had a "Comanchee" 45-410 for a while ,long enough to get bored w/plastic cases and go through the torture of making brass cases out of 303s and 30-40s. Then build tools to make it easier to make cases. I decided shooting long cases would make it more accurate than the 1 inch throat jump.

A friend picked up a Circit Judge and asked about 410 slugs. I thought rifled slugs for a 410 ? Too bad that thing won't handle that 460. Hey I just scored a 45 Maxi ball mould. That'd beat those 440 RBs . It looks a lot like a what a 460 S&W HBWC might look like. Oh and plenty of lube.

In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Very interesting. You could even load them as shot shells or multiple RB loads and I like the Maxi ball idea. What weight is the Maxi ball? I think 300 grs. would be about as heavy is I could handle.

Quote Originally Posted by 45-70 Chevroner View Post
    Very interesting. You could even load them as shot shells or multiple RB loads and I like the Maxi ball idea. What weight is the Maxi ball? I think 300 grs. would be about as heavy is I could handle.
    A 45 cal pure pb Lyman maxi unlubed weighs 228 Gr. I have killed many deer with them.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Harter66;1545482]Just for fun,

I've had a "Comanchee" 45-410 for a while ,long enough to get bored w/plastic cases and go through the torture of making brass cases out of 303s and 30-40s. Then build tools to make it easier to make cases. I decided shooting long cases would make it more accurate than the 1 inch throat jump.

A friend picked up a Circit Judge and asked about 410 slugs. I thought rifled slugs for a 410 ? Too bad that thing won't handle that 460. Hey I just scored a 45 Maxi ball mould. That'd beat those 440 RBs . It looks a lot like a what a 460 S&W HBWC might look like. Oh and plenty of lube."

Just because it wasn't designed for it doesn't mean an idiot in OK didn't try it. This was one of my posts from another thread. Happened at the range I use.
    "Could be like the guy at my range who put five 460 S&W Mags in his Judge and managed to blow it to hell with the first shot. Harry, who runs the range, confirmed that there were four more 460's in the gun.
    When I questioned whether you could even put them in the Judge he said they were there. It may have been an early production gun.
    The shooter had a messed up hand; but, no one else was hurt."

Boolit Bub
    I know this may be apples and oranges, but I load the 445sm brass with a.452 bullet to 445sm data in a nae survivor in 45/410. It takes about two to three loads to fire form the brass but after that the rounds shoot ok (plinking 2liter bottle @ 100 yds). I use the same weight bullets as the 445sm data calls for but use .452 bullets. Hope this helps....... lost.

Gee whyncha just buy the brass cases that Cabela's has for sale ? I got 2 boxes for an old single-shot that I have.

Phil
    Cognitive Dissident

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I made up the. cases about 3yr ago. I've shot single RBs but never got up the nerve for multi ball loads.

Mine are range metal for this and are right at 220gr.

I think my single shot would be pretty hard to get a factory 460 in the front inch of the chamber is onlyIIRC about 460 rather than the nominal 480 of the Colts and cousins. All of the judge cases I've picked up also have a very defined line on them at the 45 step ,plastic doesn't measure like brass though.

These loads are toned down I don't expect much over 900-950 fps.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .