WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Ragged Hole sights

Banned

Like to try it if it will work. Here's some pics of my sight...
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 03-25-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    Folks--A friend gave me one of those "One Ragged Hole" sights and I installed it on a KS458N Ruger. My take is that it "acquires easily" but is not accurate for target or sillywet use. I still shoot that gun occassionally, but I've come to prefer the Hi-Viz type front sight. It is not as good for target or sillywet use as a Patridge either, but I find it easier than the "Ragged Hole" sight.--Shuz
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Bub
    Never really thought about WHY .... I .... feel so strongly about these sights until this thread. They have put .... FUN .... back into gunnin for me.

Just Right!
    Bob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Like to try it if it will work. Here's some pics of my sight...

Pat,

Sorry. Won't work.

Hey Pat. Inquiring minds want to know. When you only put one round in the cylinder, doesn't it always rotate the loaded chamber to the bottom where it won't fire?

I like a fiber optic round top blade up front and V-notch express type rear sight.For hunting I like aimpoints or holosight.I had anti-glare coating put on my presription glasses and that helped quite a bit with the fuzziness with dots.Now that I have to wear glasses I am using dot sights the most when I hunt with a handgun.I look over the glasses if I'm using iron sights as my near vision is still good.I know where your coming from 44man,I wish I could see like I used to.I had very good eyes when I was younger and now that I'm in my 50's its getting harder to shoot as good as I want to.I'm thinking about lazik surgery or something.Having to wear glasses the past few years has made me realize how lucky I was not to need them in the past.The ghost ring set looks interesting but I'd have to try them out on somebody else's gun before I'd buy.I get enough peep sight use having to look through one on my bow and they don't work all that good when it gets dark but gives me a consistant anchor and that is needed in archery and I've harvested more bucks with a bow than guns and too old to change now.Fiber optics came in the nick of time for me.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range, 2010 44 magnum's Avatar

Cool

I have a set of the One Ragged Hole blades. The smaller one resides on the Single Six and the larger on the Redhawk. Both revolvers have a fiber optic front sight. So far so good. I can aquire a good sight picture. Havent shot them enuf yet to evaluate accuracy. But they do appear quite rugged. The blade is just as beefy as the factory blade I removed.

Paul
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    IHMSA MEMBER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Ackward View Post
    Pat,

Sorry. Won't work.

Hey Pat. Inquiring minds want to know. When you only put one round in the cylinder, doesn't it always rotate the loaded chamber to the bottom where it won't fire?

Leave it to you to point something out like that..

We'll yes they are a little Backwards down in SA, but they make one fine heck of a hand cannon..

I have not seen the One Hole Sight,but it appears to be a peep or ghost ring. Most old geezers would like them. If you wear bifocals/reading glasses(If 40 thereabouts or more,most likely you do or need to)find some print you cant read with naked eye. Curl your index finger real tight so that it makes a small hole. Put that small hole against your eye and look through it and you can now read the print with your naked eye. That small hole forces your eye to focus--something it has lost the ability to do--thus the glasses needed. I was having real good luck with peep sight on my Sheridan and got the smallest aperture they made. Worked well for several years and then in past year or two,couldn't use that small a peep and had to move to larger aperture. If you wear bifocals,switching to progressive lens will drive you crazy for a couple weeks,but in my case it was worth the effort to adapt to them. From the name would seem Starmetal invented these sights.

I would love to find a fiber optic front site for my Super blackhawk max.