RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New Marlin 1894

New Marlin 1894

Pops and I went and braved the wilds of Cabelas in KC, KS today. Picked up a new Marlin 1894 for $529.99 plus tax. It was listed in the ad at $549.99, regularly $579.99. When the nice cashier rang it up, it showed $529.99. She saw it, shrugged and continued with the transaction.

Before we plunked down the $$$$, we checked it over pretty good. I had to use my phone flashlight to look down the bore() and it looked good. Checked over everything else and it all looked good. Didn't see anything out of order. Took a while to get home, and once we did, had to fix fence. After getting it cleaned up, was able to fire off a grand total of 10rds before it got too dark to see what I was doing. Was able to get 3 rds within 2" from about 50 yds offhand standing. I think it'll be good to go once I get more lead down the pipe. And now for pics:

I have one also and I put a Skinner sight on it. Excellent sight. For me I can be more accurate with a ghost ring or peep sight. Easy install and easy to use. They are a real fun little gun I enjoy mine alot.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    Those Marlins are really handy and can be a real treat if it likes your ammo. I've had a couple of 44mags, but let them go in favor of the 357mag and a 32-20.

Boolit Grand Master
    What caliber, J20?

Sorry, I thought I put that in there, 45 Colt. The three shot group I mentioned with with 255gr Lyman 452424s sized .452 with BAC over 7.0gr of Titegroup. Will have to wait until at least tomorrow afternoon to send some over a chrony and really try and get some groups.

Boolit Master
    Very nice.Made by Remington?? If it is I am glad that they are getting their act together.
    I have a 94-C 357 and a 94 20 inch cowboy 44 mag. They are my favorite rifles. I would really like to have a 45 Colt like yours.
    Good luck and happy shooting.You are going to have FUN..............Terry

Boolit Grand Master
    Ou guys with 45 Colt lever actions need to do a group buy of Cayoots 290 gr kinda heavy flat nose. That sucker just plain shoots in my Marlin. I have no other bullet that even comes close to offer accuracy and the thump on the 100 yard berm is pretty good too. I load mo of mine over 10.5 gr of #105 surplus- very similar to AA5.

Boolit Grand Master
    Nice, J20! You go, boy!

Boolit Buddy
    The biggest deer I ever killed was done in with a 255 LSWC over 24 grains of H4227 out of a 1894 Cowboy Limited.
    I now have that octagon barell 45 a 45/70 and a 44-40 Cowboy Limited and regular barelled 44 mag,32-20,and 357.
    I LOVE them all.
    You can plink with that '94 and have loads of fun,just remember you can really up the ante with it and kill some pretty big critters too.