RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats "tap a talk" on the I phone

Boolit Bub
    I've been there and trust me. That is the time you really need this forum. Something to read as well. Time seems to stand still and you need something.
    Good luck Buddy

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

There won't be any moves against anyone using tapatalk or anything else that gives them access to the forum. We do request the "spam" signature removal. That seems easy enough for anyone using the service.

Minor annoyance, let's move on.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    So you are saying when I have to go on the road for the next two weeks to put my dad in a home I should just stay off the board Wak?

Thanks. After all the donations I've given here at your request I will stay away. Tapatalk allows those of us who use our phones to stay in contact.

IMHO that message was too strong. Bye.
    No, not saying that at all. Read what I said, it is just my personal opinion. We do have those here. There is no rule about it, and it's extremely doubtful there ever would be. Just one of my pet peeves. I think I have a phobia against phones in general.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    I use tapatalk and it's about the only way I access the forum. I heard it was going to be disabled at some point in the future (email exchange around the last donation drive). I'm not looking forward to that and it will cut down on my forum use.

I have just left the Sig on "Tap a Talk" alone, I will change it but it will reference the fact that I was mobile as it helps to explain some of the Very Odd Auto correct substitution that are sometimes made. Gun related acronyms seem to be the worst offenders. ( I know, careful proof reading would solve that, but with limited screen space and a very smallish "keyboard" seem to make it more likely that I wont scroll back to the top for that)

Advancing technology is what made this forum possible, and I know there are always hiccups when going forward, wait til we go to the new forum software, It will certainly be frightful for some here!
    Meanwhile,, we adapt and overcome the obstacles.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

castboolits@gmail.com

Just hadda test my new Sig line.

Homeland defense begins at home. I'm not there.

Sent from a mobile device using a commercial app.

UGh. It's truly awful. Won't display spacing.

Homeland defense begins at home. I'm not there. Sent from a mobile device using a commercial app.

Sorry I poked a stick in the old wasp nest about the subject. For me anyways I'm way behind in the technology evolution , heck my last mobile phone was a 10 yr old prepaid trac phone. Might have been old but it did what I needed it to do make a call, With this I phone I've made quite a few " accidental " calls already just getting used to the touch screen. It is truly amazing what this little thing can do though . And when things are slow at work it does help past the time,I'm about 70 pages into reading the Federalist Papers on it.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    Advancing technology is what made this forum possible, and I know there are always hiccups when going forward, wait til we go to the new forum software, It will certainly be frightful for some here!
    Meanwhile,, we adapt and overcome the obstacles.

New forum software? When? Which software? If we have a heads up, we can take a look and get used to change before it happens. I don't like change, but realize the inevitability of it. It is easier to get used to it if I have time to examine and think about the change first.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

http://forum.gunloads.com/forum.php
    that will be the new look, here is the thread on it:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=68087
    post 27 gives more info.

castboolits@gmail.com

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    http://forum.gunloads.com/forum.php
    that will be the new look, here is the thread on it:
    Does that mean that Cast Boolits will no longer exist as a forum centered on the casting of bullets?
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned

thats pretty similar to many other forums.
    once the headings get straightened out it will be fine.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ken, I may have asked before, but will the new forum have the "today" feature? I like to be able to see new posts in all forums.

Looking around in there I found I have a spam message for my first PM.
    Last edited by waksupi; 11-06-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

It takes a real rocket surgeon to spam a moderator in a PM. Pure GENIUS I tells ya.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    Does that mean that Cast Boolits will no longer exist as a forum centered on the casting of bullets?
    CM
    We shall just update the software package, for instance we are currently using version 3.8.4, the new package is vBulletin 4. This is on hold for now to wait out the de-bugging with new software.
    More secure with more features, and everything we like including the today's' posts Ric.

castboolits@gmail.com

CEO/CFO GunLoads

For reference here, TapATalk will be going away, I am in works with a new system that will be much better.
    Visit SnydersJerky.com and use code "boolit" for 10% off!

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master View Post
    For reference here, TapATalk will be going away, I am in works with a new system that will be much better.
    Great, tapatalk is the main way I'm able to get on the forum when I'm on the road. Which happens to be five days out of the week.

Boolit Master

I just installed the Tapatalk the other day, and it works great. It's a whole lot better than viewing with the phone's browser. I hope it doesn't go away, as it took me a couple of months to get around to putting it on my phone and it's extremely useful, as mentioned above, for many forums.
    Just went to settings/signature/none, so thanks for the help with that!
    Does it cost the CB website money for the compatibility?
    Sam

Boolit Bub
    Go ahead and delete my account when you disable tapatalk. That's how I get to read this forum.