MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 760 pet loads?

760 pet loads?

i recently picked up a rem 760 bdl in 30-06. looking for some pet loads in this rifle and caliber. i have had it out once and got 1.5" groups with handloads which is exceptable but...... looking to tweek it. trigger is not the best.
    i have i4895, varget, aa2460 and aa2520. i will be shooting hornady sp, sst sierra gk all in 150 gr. i want to run this about 2700 max because of 200 and under shots where i hunt. thanks in advance.

ok, i found a good load.
    46.5 grs of varget
    fed 215 primer
    hornady 150 sp
    .5 3 shot group @ 100 yards
    my shots are 200 tops so i loaded it down to 300 savage ballistics. going about 2650 fps. plenty for them speed beef.

Boolit Grand Master
    "Speed beef"--I like that.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

I have a 7600 and my best group was 5/8's @ 100 with 48.0 gr IMR4064 with a 168 Sierra, about 2600 fps. It's a old Hi Power load.

I haven't tried it but, 50 gr IMR 4895 with a 150 is another old Hi power load you might want to try, it will be about 2700 in a 22" barrel.

BTW, I took the hanger to barrel support off mine, you don't need it and it makes it a full floated barrel.

Frank

i took that off to. seems more accurate with it off the barrel. 4064 is a good 06 powder for sure, but that varget load just rocks. i took it out again yesterday and it shot into a 1/2." but i only have a little varget left and have 8 lb's of i4895.

you wouldn't think a pump gun would be that accurate, after all it is a remington and those barrels are know for there accuracy.