Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MCD ProductsRepackbox

Thread: Trail Camera Questions . . .

Boolit Master

Talking Trail Camera Questions . . .

Howdy all!

I'm looking at buying a trail camera . . .

I'm thinking of getting a IR flash type, but . . . does the infrared leds glow red in the dark? I've seen some home security type camera's that at night, you can easily see where they are . . .

I'm actually looking to use this in a home security type situation . . . do they come with a ZOOM feature?

What brands do you use?
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Banned

mine arent red all the time but are red when they flash

Boolit Buddy
    Check the following website:

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=1

Good, independent, honest reviews.

My brother and I have tried many brands, cheap to expensive. We have had the best results with the Spypoint brand. Good Luck.

tchepone

Boolit Master

Yes they are visible while flashing on the plus side you would have to be looking its way to see it.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

I do pre 1840 reenactments. We have experienced unwanted encursions at our campsite by children (at least mentally) destroying our camp sites. I would like to install cameras which do not emit any clue as to their existance in order to present the evidence to the local authorities. Is there such a camera?

Slim

Boolit Master

slim1836 Yes but they tend to be expensive you may conciser a steel box for the camera instead then even if they see the flash they can not get the memory card with evidence on it.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Bub
    If you are only going to use it in the day light hours, I would look at the Day6 Plotwatcher, it takes a picture every 5 to 10 seconds and uses no flash, it also does not rely on movement to trigger it. comes with software to allow you to look at the pictures like a movie. and you can export the pictures for any thing you want. I use mine for security when I'm not home.....also its camo.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I will look into it.

Slim

Boolit Buddy
    Had one set up last year on the side of a field and got a call from my cousin that someone was trespassing. He eased down the field announcing himself and ran off a doe that had tripped the camera. He thought someone was using a red "pen light". He was about 100 yds away and saw it well at dusk