RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H&G moulds are JUNK!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Good post Sagamore-one , I couldn't agree more .

Mike ....... the price for the number one thirty I have would be a mould made by Hensley & Gibbs that is the number thirty-four plain base . This would indicate that a trade is what is wanted , I really am not interested in selling it outright . In fact , after careful consideration I withdraw any offer .

Mihec molds have made a lot of people happy from what I read here , it's nice that you have one on order . It's just that easy to buy a H&G mold if you should find the design you want ... it will take more dollars in some cases because Mr. Gibbs hasn't cut a mold in years .

Those who worked to make H&G molds built a reputation with each mold , for some of those workers it was a lifetime of work . I doubt that anyone here has a shrine for their H&G molds but they do apprieciate the workmanship that went into them . There are men on this forum that have a great deal of integrity and will not lie to benefit you or me . I understand what you are trying to do so you can get a product at less than normal price . If that is how you want to do buisiness , I will not stand in your way . What you have seen in my posts and others is a subtle way of trying to coax you out of the strategy you have chosen .

There is a man on this board that could probably tell the selling price for every H&G mold that was on ebay for the last several years . To see the records one might realize that forever is a long time and a good buy does come along .

Have a nice day , Jack

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    I read that title and thought.. "sure is looking for a tussle".. But I read the whole post #1 and figured it out.
    I think the Group Buy Molds sold here are every bit as good. So far all my GB molds are flawless and cast as good as any mold I have ever owned or used to include H&G.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Mike, you would have done better going into a biker bar and started saying how great rice burners are and Harleys ain't worth the money. Most everyone would laugh it off, but some would send you down the road with your ego bruised.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead357 View Post
    It all depends on how badley you want them. I have several and may sell some of them to offset some medical costs but they won't be cheap nor free. So Mike I will make you an offer. I have a H & G # 68bbs 4 cavity mould I will sell to you for 250.00 cash and you pay the actual shipping. How about that???? It is in great condition and has cast a very few boolits.. I took it in trade and have cast maybe 500 boolits out of it.......I can post pictures later of it if you are really interested....Money up here.....wes
    H&G #68bbs. Listed as 239 grains in Wheel weights or 226 grains in lino in my 1988 flyer. Intresting! Wouild probably make a good pin boolit.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master

I caught the humor in the original post, so not comment on quality.

I just want to add I sold one here a few weeks ago to make sure it went to a nice home for not much money. Granted it was an early Geo. A Hensley San Diego marked 2 cavity mould with 1 cavity HP'd and unusual handles. But hey I tried, I only had two people speak up. The first bought it the second wished he had been first. I passed it along because it was one I was not interested in and knew others here would be.

Also the old gent that had it wanted to see his collection go to those who would use them and asked that I facilitate that. I am working on it. He did not gouge me and I am not going that route either per his request.

You just have to be fast to get the good deals. No need to create false advertising, you just don't get to have any sleep!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    I dunno, I know a guy who bought 3 HG 4C moulds for $75 for all 3 of them... It may be working.
    Yeah, I'm a bastard.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=116659

Boolit Master
    Mike, I thought it was funny too. Hard to believe that some folks thought you were serious.
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

Boolit Master
    I can't believe anyone would consider the original post as being serious, either.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by giz189 View Post
    Mike, I thought it was funny too. Hard to believe that some folks thought you were serious.
    It kind of amazed, and stunned me too! I'm glad that there are some folks that understood what I was saying, I was starting to think I was the only person here with a sense of humor! I always assume that when there's a in a post that it's meant to be funny, but I've learned that not everyone thinks that way.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Master
    Mike I went in to find the 4 cavity #68 bbs and found out that I left it at home in Texas and here I am in Louisiana working so can't post any pictures of it. Sorry so I will have to withdraw my offer for now and may never present it again. I am in the process of trying to sell all of my H & G moulds to another board member here.
    If it wasn't for a lot of medical costs I would not even be considering this but one does what one has to do. By the way this gentleman hasn't even bothered to quibble with me about my asking price. I have delt with him before and he is very honest and truthfull and a delight to do business with.
    By the way Skeetx has the other half of my original H & G collection. MY exwife got them in a divorce settelment 16 years ago. Sure wish I still had them......Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master

AND I am sure pleased to have them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by giz189 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I can't believe anyone would consider the original post as being serious, either.
    I have to say I was surprised as well. I've not read the first post by mike until just now and I could see it was tongue in cheek from the get go.

I like H&G moulds too ya know. Big, cumbersome, awkward...make great doorstops and I like to wedge one in behind the tractor tire to keep it from rolling of the hill...........

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

this one is headed to another member here

here is one of the smaller single cavity Geo. A. Henlsey 42247 moulds that is headed to a fellow member in a few days.

Not all of these are huge and cumbersome, some are svelt and petite!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2939.jpg   DSCN2938.jpg  

Boolit Master

Has anyone else here noticed that when they thought I was seriously saying that H&G moulds are junk, I got a couple of offers to sell me moulds, but once other members chimed in, saying that it was easy to see the humor, suddenly all the offers are either withdrawn, or are trades for something I already said I don't have! Kind of makes you wonder.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    AND I am sure pleased to have them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Dawg!!!!
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

I thought your post was funny but I have a sense of humor and understood it more than a joke it was in praise of a fine product. To withdraw a offer over a joke and they want to talk about ethics. kinda makes you think

Boolit Master

Long story here fellas.

It was either buy the moulds and stuff or have them put into the dumpster. I rescued the moulds and stuff.

Mike

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    It was either buy the moulds and stuff or have them put into the dumpster. I rescued the moulds and stuff.

Mike
    That was a noble thing you did Mike ...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    No one has the corner on humor , I'm sure if you allow others to attempt humor on a response you will see more of this . Looking at it from a different angle you might even find it funny .

Skeettx , That is a wonderful thing you did , I'd just love to know what the adoption fee was .

Jack