RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: advice needed. 9mm

Boolit Bub

advice needed. 9mm

Ok im trying to load 102 gr for my 9mm.. i load it up and run a dummy round to make sure everything is in order. After i chamber the round seems like everything is good, go to eject and nothing comes out. Round is still in barrel. Any advice.. ive tried going longer on the oal, but the bullet is to short and spins after i crimp it. Anybody load these? Whats the oal u you use.. definatly need help lol

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing comes out? Not even the case?

What 9mm cartridge is the handgun in?
    What type of cases?
    What dies?
    What is the diameter of the bullet before seating?

Please be specific as there are several "9mm" cartridges.

Larry Gibson

Are you loading from the magazine?,Or dropping the round in the barrel , and closing the slide
    If the later, you may not be getting the extractor over the rim of the case.
    Therefor it cant pull the case out of the barrel. Try loading from the mag.

Boolit Bub
    Its a hipoint 9mm carbine, lee dies, cases are mixed,but happens with all of them, diameter of bullet is sized to.356 and i load the magazine.

Boolit Grand Master

OK, is the shell holder bumping against the bottom of the sizing die when sizing?

Are you using the Carbide Factory Crimp die asfter seating the bullets? If so try some with the bullets just seated. Adjust the seater so the case mouth flare is closed onto the bullets.

Do your cast bullets drop from the mould larger than .356? If so do you have a .357 or .358 sizer?

Again, when you say nothing comes out do you mean the bullet stays in the barrel or does the case stay there too? If the cases stay there double check and make sure all the cases are 9mm Luger or 9mm Parabellum.

Larry Gibson

Let's see the 9mm Hi-point carbine is a blowback push feed - if the case gets pushed in and the boolit goes back into the case the extractor doesn't get anything to grab and nothing comes out when you pull the bolt back - I think if your not having trouble with other cast boolits it may be this one is just too short and small diameter to be a happy combination. If you size to a larger diameter like .358 and use a taper crimp it might still work.