MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: My 91/30 ex-sniper...... likes my cast boolits

Boolit Bub

Talking My 91/30 ex-sniper...... likes my cast boolits

I am trying to find a cast boolit load that all my Mosins will shoot well. One down...... My Tula Ex-sniper put this load into a bit over an inch at 50 yards. I think it would be better if *I* could shoot better.

My M44...... jury is still out. Way out. Like off the $#$# paper. My fault... I repaired a bedding flaw and drifted the front sight, all in the same service visit, then tried an entirely new hand load way miles different than factory mil-surp. Naturally it sneered at the little piece of paper.

My other 91/30, an ishy, has yet to be tried with cast boolits

I can make all the cast boolits I wish, much cheaper than jacketed. They are more pleasant to shoot as well. That said, what I like most of all is the challenge of really making these old rifles perform better than ever while doing it all myself.

Banned
    Carteach0,

I've tried a few cast boolits out of my M44 too. The paper was totally safe at 50 yards! LOL. Not sure if it's a boolit issue, load issue or barrel (kinda rough) issue.

I'll get back to it in a couple of weeks. Other projects have intevened (8X57mm, 7.62X25) and saved me from getting frustrated.

SSB

Boolit Master

Wink

CarteachO---I use 18grs. of 2400 with a 180g/c boolit sized .312---this load shoots well in 3 mosin nagants---I have 2 of the 91-30s and a m39 as well as the M44---have not tried this load in the M44--My 91-30 dated 1900 shot 1 raged hole at 50yrds.---off bench open sites-----16 to 18 of 2400 will do it. ---Mag

Boolit Bub
    Mag_01, I'll try that load and see what happens. I haven't gotten around
    to experimenting with 2400 yet, but I have a pound waiting...........