WidenersLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2

Thread: BT Sniper,do you do dies for 9.3?

Boolit Master

BT Sniper,do you do dies for 9.3?

Hi Bt Sniper
    Was wondering do you do dies for 9.3 (.366)?
    I am in the process of buying a 9.3x62mm and here in Australia,the cost of brass and projectiles are out of this world.

One place wants $220Aus for Norma cases per 100,the cheapest I can find is Graf brass for $38.00AUS for 50,but don't know if the seller has any yet.
    Projectiles are worse,for some Barnes TSX $90 per 50,the cheapest I have found are Speer 270gr for $40.00 per 50.
    Might have to find some moulds for it instead.
    So I was just wondering do you do dies for the 9.3?

Thanks mate
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Vendor Sponsor

I'll have to look into that one. Anything is possible though and that 9.3 sure seems like a good use for scrap .223 rem brass for jackets. I know I could make the dies, I just need the time and have to prove a few of my latest designed dies first .

Do keep checking in with me. I am making progress in leaps and bounds everyday.

Thanks,

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Man
    BT Sniper,
    I am another (from Australia) who would be interested in a set of dies for 9.3......the ability to use .223 brass is a big plus as there is plenty of this in Australia......and obviously elsewhere. You may be surprised at how many people would be interested in this calibre.

Vendor Sponsor

I know the .375 is pretty popular over here and I planed to put a couple dies together to see how they would turn out. When I do so I'll try a .366 also and see what I come up with. Can't promise anything or even much of a timeline but please keep checking in with me, I'll see what I can do. Still in the testing phase right now and need to prove these dies are capible and up to my standards first. Should be lots of exciting things to come. I'll certainly post my results.

Thanks

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    I know the .375 is pretty popular over here and I planed to put a couple dies together to see how they would turn out. When I do so I'll try a .366 also and see what I come up with. Can't promise anything or even much of a timeline but please keep checking in with me, I'll see what I can do. Still in the testing phase right now and need to prove these dies are capible and up to my standards first. Should be lots of exciting things to come. I'll certainly post my results.

Thanks

BT

Bt
    Thats all we could hope for,so will keep in touch and watch the swaging forum
    Thanks mate.
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Boolit Master

Unquestionably, BT can get you going with 223 brass for jackets, but the 9.3 has the PERFECT candidate for a case to turn into jackets for it: 30 US Carbine.

Rim is .360" and case head in the web/expansion ring area is approx.: .355". All you'd have to do is seat a core and run it through BT's "One-Step" die. Of course, to adjust the finished weight, you may need to trim, but it depends on the weight you're trying to get to. I have some brass and what I think appears to be a good candidate for a core mould (Lyman # 311410). Out of soft lead, that one throws 135gr boolits. Add up what the case weighs, and we may be getting into the 286gr bullet weight range, I'd bet. Slight adjustments upward can be made by adding one or more lead shot to the core before swaging...
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
    Unquestionably, BT can get you going with 223 brass for jackets, but the 9.3 has the PERFECT candidate for a case to turn into jackets for it: 30 US Carbine.

Rim is .360" and case head in the web/expansion ring area is approx.: .355". All you'd have to do is seat a core and run it through BT's "One-Step" die. Of course, to adjust the finished weight, you may need to trim, but it depends on the weight you're trying to get to. I have some brass and what I think appears to be a good candidate for a core mould (Lyman # 311410). Out of soft lead, that one throws 135gr boolits. Add up what the case weighs, and we may be getting into the 286gr bullet weight range, I'd bet. Slight adjustments upward can be made by adding one or more lead shot to the core before swaging...
    Sounds great!.
    Don't know about 30 M1 Carbine brass,how it is for availability here in Australia,223 is very common here,but I like your thinking and would love to be able to get some dies to do all this,soon,very soon.
    Cheers

no34570