Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: First Accurate Molds

Boolit Bub

First Accurate Molds

Here's to Tom at Accurate Molds.

Just bought my first Accurate molds in brass, communications and delivery were excellent even though I had million questions, and super fast.

I ordered two, one with two different cavities AM357135A (2) and AM431270F (1) in the middle, first I was wondering how's it going to cast with one huge thing in the middle (Tom didn't ask me if I was nuts, so I figured it's OK) but today after pre-heating to about 400* the bullets were dropping like a dream from the start, I only had time to cast about 500 boolits but I enjoyed every minute.

The other one, three cavity AM359155K I haven't tried yet, that'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Seems like I'll be ordering more in the near future....

Boolit Master
    Quality molds, quick communication, very reasonable turn around time and great all around service is what I've received from Tom. What more could a person ask for. I see your 35-135A and it looks like a good 9mm mold. The 36-155K looks like a classic Keith style mold and the 43-270F looks like a good heavy for a Ruger 44 mag class with its longer nose. Good looking designs. I'm more partial to the LFN or WFN designs myself. I had Tom make up the 45-300B and 45-340B as well as two 45-70 desings, the 46-375B and 46-375G. All molds have been flawless!!!

Boolit Bub
    That's the way we planned it, I have a CX4 that I want to try the 35-135A, hence two cavities, we also figured since I don't shoot that much 44's might as well have only one of those in the middle just to see how I like it.

Did some measuring and I was not disappointed there either

35-135 drops at .3565 steady at 136.6gr +/- .3 and the middle 431 drops at .431 and 270gr +/- .2 with straight wheel weights and water dropping

Boolit Master
    My own personal experiences and hearing of all the great reviews going around about Tom's molds, I'm confident that your other mold will be just as much of a joy. The next part is yet to come..............shooting the boolits and will be the test of the designs. Are you having fun yet!!!

Banned

I'm gradually weeding out my entire mould inventory as I can afford it and replacing most of them with Tom's moulds, in brass of course! The plan is to have a "classic" design or two in each caliber (like 311041 and 311299, a good Keith SWC in .38. 41, and .45, plus good RFN designs, etc.) as well as custom designs for individual or groups of guns. It will be a while before I get it all worked out, but the fact that Tom will cut multiple cavities in the same set of blocks (for an additional fee) just like BRP will makes this a little more practical.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    I have done just what you have said
    I replaced most of my molds with Toms
    got my sons mold from Tom
    do you see a pattern here
    from the very first I told Tom he was trouble
    but we can all use that kind of trouble
    I doubt you will find a better mold
    enjoy you new mold
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Bub
    Had a chance to try AM357135A, since it was meant for my CX4 I did not re-size the first patch, just pushed them through 358 lube die to get some speed green on the boolits.

I was shooting off hand at an inside range so the distance was only 25 yd., on the other hand, with 9mm CX4 that's about the distance you want to be at anyway, it's not the most accurate rifle in the world even with Cmore red dot on it (or because of said sights), but I like the firepower. As I said earlier, AM357135A / 4.5-5.0 grains of Vihtavuori 3N37 OAL 1.137, I loaded 20 each at 0.1gr intervals just to see how they would cycle, how much leading and what would be the best group. I was happily surprised with the lowest charge, not much leading and the groups weren't bad either 2-4 inches depending how you look at them. I found that 4.8 grains of VV was the best load at that distance, so I loaded another 200 just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I came home and cleaned the gun, put some Hoppes no9 in, let sit for about a dinner and was surprised how little lead came out.

Thanks Tom, great mold, I have about 2000 waiting to be loaded so I'll just get to it.......

the only ting about the molds that Tom makes is that I don't own more of them. I can't wait to get my next mold from him. I've learned that my Ruger .44' and .45's like heavy bullets and I really love shooting big heavy bullets so that is where my next purchase will be based on

I've been to there site and I want a .477" boolit but they dont offer one or am I missing them?
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by warf73 View Post
    I've been to there site and I want a .477" boolit but they dont offer one or am I missing them?
    Read the intro on the home page. http://www.accuratemolds.com/index.php

You can design your own bullet and he’ll cut it. They are lathe bored. Designs in his catalog are just popular ones he’s made and has
    the program written for. If you have a bullet you like just copy it. Redesigning the wheel can be frustrating.

Boolit Bub
    Yup, just contact him. He'll set you up.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFinn View Post
    Yup, just contact him. He'll set you up.
    and you wont have to wait 8 months to see it. I made the mistake of contacting him a week before I had the money to purchase the mold. He had what I wanted and in his catalog in about a hour.

Thanks guys I read the site it just didn't soak in I guess. Once I decide on a design I'll contact him and we can mull over the details on what will be best for what I'm wanting to do.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."