Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Noveske AR's

Noveske AR's

I see that Noveske offers the 300 BLK.They look pretty good and are said to have real good barrels.Are they worth the xtra bucks.

Boolit Master

Noveskes are well spoken of on the sites that deal with the AR platform.

You might want to do your research and ask you questions at:

m4carbine.net

Boolit Master

Talk to them in person first. Their attitude may change your mind. They are very good rifles, but there are others built identically will be cheaper if they dont have the Noveske name. That little emblem is apparently worth about $500. I am not saying this trying to sell my rifles, and to prove that I can pointe you to guys that make AR's just as good, for less.

Quote Originally Posted by 82nd airborne View Post
    Talk to them in person first. Their attitude may change your mind. They are very good rifles, but there are others built identically will be cheaper if they dont have the Noveske name. That little emblem is apparently worth about $500. I am not saying this trying to sell my rifles, and to prove that I can pointe you to guys that make AR's just as good, for less.
    They are one of the few that offer 300BLK so far but like you say they are a little expensive.After a little research on good AR's I think maybe using a DPMS hi-rider upper receiver and DPMS lower would work good enough.I'd like a slab side with side bolt.I'd like to get a HQ lapped barrel also.Cast boolits like a smooth lapped barrel the most.Since you do AR's for a living and know more than me I might have you make one up if you want when I get the money saved.I don't mind paying a Xtra for a highend barrel.To me the barrel is the heart of a accurate rifle.I don't care who it comes from.DPMS stuff isn't way expensive and easy to get.Is it better to use a factory trigger thats smoothed up or go with a geissele.What do you think about a rifle built with the above mentioned stuff and how much would one expect to spend to have one made up.I mention the hi-rider because I've read it has thicker walls.I could take a high magnification scope to test loads off another rifle without needing high rings also.I like aimpoints and they would work about right with the hi-rider after I found accurate loads.If cutting the slot for a sidebolt isn't worth the effort I could live with a CH.I got out of the Army in 1975 and the only AR I've shot since is my Colt H-BAR elite and there is so much AR stuff thats come lately out its hard to figure what to get.Can you put out a picture of what you use in 300BLK and mention who makes the stuff you have on it.All we had was irons when I was in the army and all I've had on my colt is a 6x20 scope.

Boolit Master

I use Montana Rifleman blanks, which are all hand lapped and have done extremely well with cast for me. We guarantee the barrels for life for workmanship and materials, guarantee them for 1MOA. I have several .300 BLK reamers. That said, there are several smaller shops that will do BLK stuff if you want to look around and see who suits you best. High end barrels dont really cost a whole lot more than cheap barrels if unless you are paying for the name. Alot of it has to do with the workmanship of said barrel too.

I really like aimpoints, they are fast and are still good for several hundred yard shots as well.

The parts you mention will serve you just fine. One thing I would change, and this is just personal preference, is swap the hi rise for a regular flat top. My reasoning for this is that most aimpoints and scopes that are marketed towards the are, are done so with the A3 In mind. This will give you a wider variety of mounting options. If you plan on using a standard scope, then the Hi rise, with low rings will work just fine.

You can get 3.5# JP trigger springs for the stock trigger and with that and some polishing, you can save some money and have a really nice trigger.

Banned

Noveskes are the cadilacs of the ar world. Great guns but in my opinion theres no ar worth what they ask for one. To me its kind of like adding some chrome to a pickup and asking 50k for it.

Boolit Master
    I second the low rise. one can use a number of mounts to raise the scope/sight but you cannot go the other way with a high rise.

I second the Aimpoints also, they are the fastest most reliable sight on the market. I own more of them than most people would believe because of that.

I tried the 1 ring mount aimpoint on my 44mag S&W and it would loosen up so I've always used the 2 ring mount models ever since and not had a problem since.I like the challenge of hunting with a handgun sometimes with my above mentioned 44 and my 454 casull being used the most with red dot sights.I found that using the 2 rings aimpoints are more flexable in swapping from revolver to rifle and back for me.They fit better in a holster since they sit lower also.I can usually get sighted in within 5 to 10 shots so swapping optics is no big deal to me.The Hi-rider would work good with a 2 power rifle model aimpoint which is probably going to be the next aimpoint I'd get.I agree that for most users the regular upper would be the better choice.I probaly should have explained better why I wanted the Hi-rider upper over the other.I like asking opinions here,the shooters here have incredible wisdom.I'm always learning.