Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interarms Mark X?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    About the only negative I have ever heard is that care is needed when changing barrels. They have been known to twist the actions sometimes, but if you know about this and proceed carefully, there is no problem. There are thousands and thousands of them doing good work in Australia, they were very popular.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    I have one in 3006 with the pLastic stock. It is affectionately known as 'ol' painless.'

Great rifle, but I'm pretty sure they are a bit different in the stock.

At one stage the plastic MkXs were like b ums out here, everyone had one.

There' keepers
    A bit different to the standard Mauser I meant, apart from the trigger assembly from memory, but I can't remember what th edifference is.

One issue with the MkXs (pronounced Mark ten, actually a Serbian made rifle, currently marketed as the 798 Remington) used to be that the barrels were very tight (probably fitted pneumatically or similar). If rebarreling, care had to be taken, most come off with a fair bit of slowly applied force, but some damaged the action if removed carelessly, so the story goes according to my gunsmith that built lots of custom rifles on them.

Old painless is fitted with Conertol Projectionless mounts and rings (custom altered to fit the gun exactly without any overhang and an old 2-7VariX11 Leupold scope sight, nice outfit) ended up being my son's rifle, but her let his license lapse some years back and had actually forgotten about it and the Ruger M77 Mk2 220Swift that are in my safe.

I was given a hundred or so 30/06 hunting rounds and about 60 brass cases that I loaded for a friend's father 10 or more years ago. They have Nosler Ballistic tip bullets fitted. That load was dyn-o-mite! in my rifle and worked well in the old guys gun as well. That brings the number of rounds I have for the 3006 up to I don't know what, it is definetly in four figures, but about a third of the way to four figures I suppose. My license plates are SP3006! I guess I will shelve plans to buy a 270 for the moment and burn up some thirty ought six!
    Last edited by Four Fingers of Death; 01-30-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."