Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatca doin' on Christmas day.

Boolit Master

Unhappy

On the boat working, no such thing as holidays.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Moderator Emeritus

I'll be working in the Bighouse. My thoughts go out to our combined forces on the frontline this Christmas; may it be a quiet and safe Merry Christmas for you.

To ALL of those who have to work so others can be safe, warm and well fed this Christmas; a hearty thanks and Merry Christmas.

To ALL who have Chirstmas off, enjoy, be safe and remember the Christmas Spirit.

I hope that All of us will report back before the New Year to say how their Christmas went and to say farewell to this year of our Lord, Two thousand and ten.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Everyone!
    John, a.k.a. Tiny or Stretch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master

Hey Jeff,

Well, lean times here, not many presents under the tree but that is A0K.

Wife and I are very happy we are all still together and us and the kids will have a bumper meal with a 7lbs standing rib roast cooked rare in the Bradley smoker along with Lobster tails and about ten home made pies Bigshell (pet name for my wife, has nothing to do with size either...........) will make.

We'll probably have some friends stop over and bring their kids (no grandkids for us) and for the kids we have presents to give!

.......and anyone who doesn't have someplace to go on Christmas? They can always come over, NOBODY has EVER left my house around dinnertime hungry................

Makes me happy just to wake up every morning next to a VERY nice girl..........even if she out hunts me about seven years out of ten.........

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    Just caught up with this thread.
    Janet and I have gotten close to a family up here that has four children. We'll be going over there Christmas morning to take some thinks to the kids.
    The rest of the day will be spent relaxing and, probably, doing a little casting, lubing and sizing.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'll be making the rounds. The first stop will be at my oldest daughters house for Christmas breakfast and present opening. The second stop will be at my aunt's house for Christmas Lunch and a Dirty Santa Present swap. The third stop will be at my youngest daughters house for Christmas diner.

The wife will be baking pies and a ham for the proceedings.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

will have the family here for Prime rib and to make room in the house will fire up the barn heater and cast boolits for all! Clint

Boolit Grand Master

rwsem,

Please stay safe and thank you for your service. Come home safe to your
    loved ones.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    It's just me and wife. We'll wake up late, take our time getting ready, and then go to the movie theater. There's a good steak house in town that's open till 6 or so, we'll eat there, go home and go back to bed.

Boolit Master

Currently sitting in the office managing the radio net and listening to some christmas carols on CD so my sergeant can sleep in a little.

Will probably go out and do some guard duty for a young trooper later tonight so he can call home to talk to his folks on his first Christmas away from home.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Man
    Was going to be at work but am stuck between flooded rivers in the aftermath of "Cyclone Tasha "!
    Bugger!

Boolit Master
    If the weather holds I plan to cast. Low on boolits for 32 mag.
    swamp

Well, it was a busy old day yesterday. Two VERY excited little girls and their mother was not much better! HAHA. Just a lovely day with friends and family. Even took in a stray. "Tertle's" good lady is out of town so he joined us for while last evening after we put the hard word on him.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master in Heavens Range

Spending the day with my Mom and Katie, Waiting for Mom's little sister and watching Christmas Movies.

Just got stuffed with Turkey.

Merry Christmas,

Sam
    Muddy Creek Sam
    |__
    ( o )\_
    USN 100% Disabled
    Dark Lord of The Soot
    SBSS# 2137
    LASSOOS#1957s
    SASS VET #131
    http://www.muddycreeksam.com

My Feedback!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=66946

Boolit Grand Master

Christmas lunch and dinner with the in laws yesterday, and today, breakfast and lunch at my Moms home with all my family and some friends, (19 total) It's the first Christmas without Mom, and there was a somber moment while we expressed remembrances of her. Of course there was way too much food and everyone was expected to make "carry out plates" to take to some older neighbors in the community.
    This morning as we prepared to load up to go to Moms, it started snowing for the first White Christmas in many years. (1947) At 3:30 there is over 3" of Christmas cheer, and it's still coming down. It looks as if the shovel will get used tomorrow.
    Here's wishing everyone the same joy and happiness I have had, on this glorious day.

Boolit Buddy
    Just spent an hour casting until I splashed a droplet into my beard…I heard the sizzle and smelled it, but it didn't reach much skin. First time I ever had that happen. And the mold is OK, too.

Just a lazy day for us. Got back from church about 1:30 a.m. and slept in until 8:00. Our "traditions" have changed now that the boys are both married. (Funny thing how in holiday scheduling, the wives always seem to win.) Even our Christmas Eve roast beef dinner had to be on Christmas Eve Eve so everyone could be here. Oh well, we take what life gives us.

Best to all,

Richard
    Plans and dreams are what we have until life gets in the way.

XNGH E Clampus Vitus, Platrix Chapter No. 2 "Credo Quia Absurdum"

Boolit Master
    Merry Christmas, all. Having a relaxing afternoon conversation with my sons in town for the holiday... listening to Christmas music and drinking egg nog.
    Paul

Having a lazy day here. Watching "Battle of the Bulge" and eating snacks. Many thanks to all who wear the uniform this Christmas. Stay safe everyone.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Just had a good Christmas dinner. Ate too much as usual. Between one set of grandkids and right in the midst of the second set right now. Snow on the ground here in Kentucky and I have a good fire going in the fireplace.

Good day today. Sorted and sized some 9mm brass and have it tumbling right now. Had some good shooting with my son and grandson yesterday.

Couple of new Rugers that I bought myself for Christmas.

Best wishes to all of you guys in Afghanistan and if any of you are close to the 1-101st Avn Bn, wish them a Merry Christmas from their old CSM (their first one). My heart is with all you guys over there at Christmas time. I've been there and done that and I appreciate the sacrifice you're making, especially here at the holidays./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Cooking yesterday and this AM - fed 20-odd kin and friends- sent out another half-dozen "go" meals to some folks who can't get out - now watching a light snow with the bride before we open our small gifts to each other - and, of course, reading all the latest on the best site ever, Cast Boolits !! (while sipping a Yuengling)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Currently sitting in the office managing the radio net and listening to some christmas carols on CD so my sergeant can sleep in a little.

Will probably go out and do some guard duty for a young trooper later tonight so he can call home to talk to his folks on his first Christmas away from home.

Bruce
    Sir,
    please allow an old Jarhead to flatter a bit. YOU are exactly the type of officer us NCO's never had as a CO for long enough.
    I had a platoon commander who was a mustang named Captain Thomas. He was, by far, the finest officer I ever served under in the decade I spent in the Corps. He knew all his Marines, and treated us like family. He used to buy groceries for his junior enlisted men when he'd get wind of one of them having tough times at home. His wife once gave ALL their furniture in their house to a young married E-3 in our platoon. Yeah, she did it so he'd buy her new stuff, but she didn't have to give the old stuff away.
    You strike me as a man cut from the same cloth sir.
    There's a cold beer or a hot cup of coffee and a seat at my campfire for you anytime you'd care to stop by.
    Semper Fi SIR!!!
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.