Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SmartReloader press review

Boolit Mold
    Wound up with the Not so smart Reloader press here as well. Only out $8 for one used.
    Yours has tight ram dimensions compared to this one.with the ram all the way up the top of it will move around as much as 1/8". Most shell holders won't snap into the ram without a hammer.
    It does serve well for my Lee sizing kits for my cast boolits though. I just clamp the base in a vise in the shed and size away. Not a total loss I guess since I did find some use for it.

Boolit Master
    WE live and learn and relearn sometimes. On the bright side the value of these presses can be doubbled by taping a penny to it! It would then be worth 2 cents!
    Last edited by buck1; 11-26-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Had to be funny.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

I was in need for a single stage press maybe 2 or 3 months ago in preparation for Pat's checkmaker. I also saw that "Smart Reloader" but found no review for that. I really doubt the quality when no feedbacks are given.

I opted for a Lee Classic Press, which was the best for the money that I paid!

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe you could use the "C" press as a fantastically over-built powder measure stand, although having to get a tap and chase the threads doesn't seem like much fun. I saw the ad and was sorely tempted, too.

Quote Originally Posted by taminsong View Post
    I also saw that "Smart Reloader" but found no review for that.
    Yeah, I looked too. Nothing to be said, other than here.
    Last edited by WILCO; 12-01-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

I guess the worst press I've had is a Lee Reloader (tiny "C" press). I bought it with low expectations, for decapping only, and that's pretty much all I've done with it. At one point I resized a few '06 cases because I didn't want to tear down my RCBS RC carefully set up for seating. Lo and behold, it actually worked. I didn't like it that much, though, very little finger clearance and a rough, stop/start/stop feel to the ram movement, that lube wouldn't cure. It's broken-in now and still feels much the same.

My best press is a toss-up between my mid-90's RockChucker and my two new Lee Classic Cast presses. I like everything about the Lee's except the lack of compound leverage, which can result in the press arm whacking you on the head when you inadvertantly push up on the linkage. This sort of thing happens when I go under the table to get something off the bottom shelf or pick up a dropped component. The RockChucker won't move but the Lee will drop its lever as fast after you push on the linkage.

Except for this one thing the Lee has it all over the RCBS- better feel, better primer handling, more clearance, longer handle. We'll have to wait 20 years or so to compare longetivity.

I mounted the three of them in a row on a 2x6 to do semi-progressive reloading- decap/size in the RCBS, expand in the first Lee, seat in the second. The Lee Reloader sits off to the side for decapping but its lack of leverage makes it useless for a better role, pulling.

HF
    Last edited by HangFireW8; 10-03-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Mold
    The SmartReloader press looks suspiciously similar to the LEE Classic Cast press. It is probably just a Chinese copy of the LEE, a bad copy

Regards
    CJ

Quote Originally Posted by buck1 View Post
    Well I ordered it . The word steel made me do it.

I got it today. Its steel, its a press, and its a pice of 5h1t! Big time junk
    Yep its China all right
    The the handle mounting is a joke , the Ram is sloppy as a 40 cal boolit rattleing down a 44 bore, or worse.
    DO NOT BUY THIS PRESS! ITS PURE JUNK !

BUT I must add that Midsouth shipped my order fast 3 days and its here!
    So the Not so smart reloader =
    Midsouth=
    ....Buck

Boolit Grand Master

Not quite a copy, I have both. I got mine a couple years ago when they were $16.00 new, and it indeed is a piece of junk. Lee's finish much better, Lee's fit/quality is 500% better. The only thing the Smartreloader is good for is as a wall hanger to remind me that a "good deal" many times isn't...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

I bought one of the Smartreloader powder measures. It only stayed at my house until the post office opened the next day! What a ***! I would never touch anything made by them again.

Sorry you also had a bad experience, but I think everyone who mistakenly deals with these products is in for the same result.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Same thing for their Nano tumbler. ***. Doesn't clean as well as my 25 yr old Midway unit. Run it twice as long for half as clean. I liked the idea of a tumbler to clean small batches of load work up brass. it was, and is, cheap in every sense. Even their ammo boxes didn't hold up. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Never again. I think they could make a powder funnel that would fail.