Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Knuckle Heads on Flebay

Boolit Master

That is why I gave up on them

Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    I agree. The whole point of a free market economy is that the market is free to do what it will.

Remember, things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. If you're selling something in an auction format, and you're not trying to get the most for it, then you're stupid.
    Once again. You can ask whatever you want for it and if people are willing to pay it they will, if not they will make an offer. By contradicting the statements that people want more on gunbroker does not prove wits.

I think anyone who sells out their freedom are stupid...i mean of the tons of money they pay paypal and ebay yearly to help their gun banning cause... i wonder if they donate at least the same amount to the NRA? i doubt it. then again i guess you have to defend your ebay store... BTW there are no such things as zombies.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by UNIQUEDOT View Post
    Well the thing is, the posters that try to justify the use of the services are the ones that put the **** on those sites, and they don't want the word getting out because they are afraid the stuff wont get bid through the roof! As i said before people bid the stuff up higher on ebay than buy it now prices on the other sites.

Within the last few months i have seen two dillon rl 550b's sell with lots of extras on gunbroker and one on auction arms for less than $200.00 all the while some sucker bid on similar items on ebay three times that much.

Sounds like someone is a little bitter that someone else did not want to simply give you a Dillon for the $200 price tag that you wanted and you just settled and actually bought the Lee equipment that was in your price range.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    Sounds like someone is a little bitter that someone else did not want to simply give you a Dillon for the $200 price tag that you wanted and you just settled and actually bought the Lee equipment that was in your price range.
    Nope i didn't bid on the Dillon stuff (i simply watched it) because i had bought all the Lee stuff, and as of yet i can't find anything wrong with the Loadmaster and can't justify the expense of a blue one. I did however give the pro 1000 that i got for thirty bucks to my brother whom turned around and sold it for $100 profit.
    Still considering one of the slower blue ones though.

Boolit Master
    Once again. You can ask whatever you want for it and if people are willing to pay it they will, if not they will make an offer. By contradicting the statements that people want more on gunbroker does not prove wits.

I think anyone who sells out their freedom are stupid...i mean of the tons of money they pay paypal and ebay yearly to help their gun banning cause... i wonder if they donate at least the same amount to the NRA? i doubt it. then again i guess you have to defend your ebay store... BTW there are no such things as zombies.
    Thank you for your opinion
    Last edited by NoZombies; 11-16-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

I wonder, can anybody provide a cite to source for e-bay or paypal donating money to anti gun groups or politicians?

I know all about their policies, but have never seen any proof that they actually donate money to these groups.

Update: After some searching, I have found two things that ebay has donated money toward.

Breast cancer research, and saving the rainforest.

I'm gonna keep looking.

Just found something about fuel cell research. Not sure whether they gave money or not.
    Last edited by thx997303; 11-16-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master

Just found two more things.

Recycling programs, and Haiti disaster relief.

Also seems they give you an option through them, called mission fish, that donates a portion of your sale to a charity of your choice. Nothing to fault them for there.

EXCEPT, it appears that they don't make it clear that it is more a monthly subscription/automatic donation. This I can fault them for.

My advice, don't use mission fish.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master
    thx997303,

Yeah, I couldn't find it either, and I've been looking for years.

I don't appreciate their policies, but beyond them, I haven't seen them doing anything actively anti-gun.

I believe their policies are born from a fear of litigation, more than a disdain for guns. That's why they change their policies from time to time, 'cause their lawyers tell 'em they might get sued. I remember when you could buy all kinds of gun stuff on ebay. I always figured if they where really anti-gun, as apposed to gun shy, they would have set up the policies from the get go.

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

If I want something on their I place my bid with the max amount I am willing to spend on something from their and walk away from it. If I get it, great if not I will try again later or go somewhere else. It seems like stuff on their goes in spurts and jerks.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by grubbylabs View Post
    If I want something on their I place my bid with the max amount I am willing to spend on something from their and walk away from it. If I get it, great if not I will try again later or go somewhere else. It seems like stuff on their goes in spurts and jerks.
    eBay has really gone downhill in the past few years and I seldom even look anymore. But if I see something I want, if nobody has bid yet I'll make a low opening bid. Otherwise I just make a note of what time the auction ends. In either case, 3 seconds before the auction ends I'll place one bid of the maximum amount I'm willing to spend for it -- assuming it's not already over my maximum. It the auction ends at 3:00 in the morning, I get up at 2:55 to check on it.

There are "sniping" services that will do all this for you, but IMHO that's cheating.

Placing a maximum bid early can work, but I don't like to tip my hand like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    I wonder, can anybody provide a cite to source for e-bay or paypal donating money to anti gun groups or politicians?

I know all about their policies, but have never seen any proof that they actually donate money to these groups.

Update: After some searching, I have found two things that ebay has donated money toward.

Breast cancer research, and saving the rainforest.

I'm gonna keep looking.

Just found something about fuel cell research. Not sure whether they gave money or not.
    You do vote don't you? and if you do, then i would assume you keep a close eye on the elections and where the money comes from right? then you should know. If you have followed any of the news on the auction site over the past ten years, you would know without even having to follow the elections.

Boolit Master
    Uniquedot.

Clearly you're privy to information that I am not, could you please give actual examples? Links?

Saying "you should know" doesn't help much.

I'd like to know, because if what you say is accurate it would affect my dealings with big yellow.

thx997303,
    I believe their policies are born from a fear of litigation, more than a disdain for guns. That's why they change their policies from time to time, 'cause their lawyers tell 'em they might get sued. I remember when you could buy all kinds of gun stuff on ebay. I always figured if they where really anti-gun, as apposed to gun shy, they would have set up the policies from the get go.
    I used to use them quite often when the items were allowed, and i even considered the same thing about their lawyers, but do the sporting goods stores get sued when a gun they sold was used maliciously? those cases are always thrown out. If that was the case then Gunbroker and auction arms, gunsamerica etc. wouldn't allow guns to be sold on their auctions sites and therefore could not exist...it doesn't hold water! The fact remains that they support the politicians on the dictators side of freedom. They are what they are.

Uniquedot.

Clearly you're privy to information that I am not, could you please give actual examples? Links?

Saying "you should know" doesn't help much.

I'd like to know, because if what you say is accurate it would affect my dealings with big yellow.
    O.k. how about when they endorsed Rosie and her million mom march? or this past election when the former ceo wrote senator Harry a one hundred sixty million dollar personal check, higher than the normal donations provided. When i contacted them when they changed their policies they told me "guns cause the deaths of ebays customers, or at the very least potential harm" Well so does a pair of fists or a rock or an automobile etc. (i replied). I saved that email because it was so ignorant and anti gun, and i sent it out to eveyone in my address book, i will look and see if i still have that email saved somewhere.

Boolit Master

O.k. how about when they endorsed Rosie and her million mom march? or this past election when the former ceo wrote senator Harry a one hundred sixty million dollar personal check, higher than the normal donations provided. When i contacted them when they changed their policies they told me "guns cause the deaths of ebays customers, or at the very least potential harm" Well so does a pair of fists or a rock or an automobile etc. (i replied). I saved that email because it was so ignorant and anti gun, and i sent it out to eveyone in my address book, i will look and see if i still have that email saved somewhere.
    Cite to source.

Provide a cite to source, and I will believe you, and never use ebay ever again.

Absent a cite to source, I will have to rely on the research I have been doing myself, and assume that they have not directly supported anti gun causes.

Boolit Master
    I have no doubt eBay has some anti gun policies, but I think you have some wires crossed. The "former ceo" who supposedly wrote Harry Reid a 160 million dollar check is awful suspicious, considering she was busy spending $160 million of her own money to get elected as governor of California. Her name is Whitman and she ran as a Republican.

I can't comment on the e-mail, but you might want to check your sources. Even Obama's supposed top supporter only donated just over $1.5 million(at least what is on the books), so $160 million would have to be the largest political contribution ever. Not to mention that would mean she spent just as much on a political adversary as herself.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Bub
    As someone who earns a significant portion of their daily bread using Ebay I will share a few things.

Ebay is one of the worst companies in the world. The reason is simple, they worship $$$ and nothing else. ANYTHING they can do to make a nickel, they will do. Words cannot express how much I loathe them. They have shafted the sellers to try to get more buyers. Now a seller cannot leave a buyer negative feedback for any reason!!!

That being said, to anyone who thinks ebay is overrun with shill bidders, I have some lube grooves you can purchase cheap. I was banned from ebay for a month about 6 years ago for having a shill bidder just because a good customer had bid on about 15 of my auctions. I have had 2 warnings since then because of customers bidding on multiple auctions. I do not know what threshold they use for watching shill bidding, but I do know it does not take much to cross it.

As for ignorant buyers, is there a retail sales business that does NOT have them?

Now bid sniping, that is an art, and I love it. I bid snipe 99% of the auctions I personally buy. The way I look at it is this, you can buy the smart way or the stupid way, I chose the smart way. This is real life, played using big boys rules, no whiners.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Please explain the art of sniping that you do, TC! It seems to me if I want to purchase something, I'd just put in the maximum price I want to pay and be done with it. I would never buy anything that I NEED from ebay, just those things I'd take for "x" price. ... felix
    felix

I got good deals on two classic cast iron C-presses. There are good deals to be had on obscure gadgets that most people do not need or understand, such as Compensating Polar Planimeters. There really is such a thing. I have two of them now. Used Starret tools seem to be fairly priced. Ebay is no different than typical gun shows and flee markets.

Boolit Buddy

I used to sell $20K+ on eBay every year, even a firearm or two in the distant past. Haven't sold anything in a year or two though because they really don't like small time sellers and have worked to drive them away.

I still buy occasionally though. Just got a San Diego era H&G #50 mold @ handles for $95 shipped. Gifts for family members off ebay keeps me out of the stores which is always a plus.

Starbits