Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .357 S & W Highway Patrolman

I have a set of Herrett Shooting Star grips on my 28. Found them at a gun show for $10 still in the box. Love them. Now they cost 10x as much but they will be custom fitted for your hand. http://www.herrett-stocks.com/cshtstar.htm

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Nice looking grips fellas , the Miculek grips look sorta like the monogrips I have on my twenty-nine only without the finger grips . I didn't see a screw on the side , does it attach like the hogue grips do with a stirrup ?

Shooting star grips look nice too oddly enough when I saw the target grips for revolvers I couldn't help but wonder if they would have helped me shoot better when I was competing in bullseye matches .

Jack

Boolit Grand Master
    There was a time when Bangor Punta ran the company that I would Hardly have taken a Model 28 Smith as a gift.
    I was working the gun counter at a hard ware store and in a years time we sold 9 and had 5 come back for warranty repairs. One had no forcing cone cut on the back of the barrel!! Just a rifled hole that ran through the barrel from muzzle back to the cylinder gap.
    I bought a Model 27 3 1/2 incher, but the N frame is just a tad bit oversize for my hand and I ended up selling the 27 and sticking with K frame guns thereafter.
    Getting back to the original question, what is it worth? Here abouts in SoCal, they run right at 500 bucks in good condition. I'd buy one for that price, were I not already overstocked on 38s and 357s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    I didn't see a screw on the side , does it attach like the hogue grips do with a stirrup ? <snip>

Jack
    Yep... The stirrup attaches to the grip alignment pin at the bottom then attaches with a screw through the bottom of the grip. Same way for both RB and SB.... If you can try to handle one first if you're thinking about buying....
    "Hindsight is always so much more accurate than foresight, but well considered foresight so much more valuable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I am sorta thinking about a different grip for the four inch twenty-nine that I carry about the farm . Currently has a Monogrip that works well for about everything except a very long day of full power stuff . Of course I must have the itch to try because I really can't fault the nylon Monogrip and it normally is used with mid-range power loads .

Jack