Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEE Molds

Boolit Buddy
    I'm wondering if this is a "new" idea to help hold lube in the tumble lube designs ????

Why not send the pics to LEE and see what kind of reply you get, might be interesting... "PJ"
    U.S. Army Veteran, RVN 69-70, D trp.(AIR) 3/4 Cav, 25th Inf. Div. CUCHI, Helicopter Crew Chief
    Call Sign CENTAUR

Received the Molds.................

I received the Molds from LEE. What a difference, the cavities look polished, almost like chrome! Midway shure came thru for me.

Now what to do with the buggered up ones, Hmmmmmmmmmm......................................
    Last edited by Chief_10Beers; 10-16-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Jack View Post
    I'm wondering if this is a "new" idea to help hold lube in the tumble lube designs ????

Why not send the pics to LEE and see what kind of reply you get, might be interesting... "PJ"
    I just e-mailed the Photos to LEE, it would be interesting what LEE's feedback is going to be..............................

Wellllll, if'n ya don't want the buggered up ones, I'm sure someone here would be interested in 'em----like me I'm always on the lookout for project molds that if I screw up the re-bore on a cavity I don't feel bad because it wasn't much to begin with. Let me know if they're up for grabs what you might be looking for in trade or something.
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Boolit Buddy

Guess the 358 proves there's virtually no quality control on these. Can't believe anyone looked at that one before it was boxed up.

Jim

Edit: final results posted below...
    Last edited by Rangefinder; 10-19-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Boolit Master

Dang good pictures! At least there are vent lines on the mold. The first Lee mold I bought didn't have vent lines on one side and I didn't know better. I ended up cutting my own and by luck, it worked. Good to see you here... Still like those pictures.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Grand Master

Like the others have said, the top one is ruined by tool chatter. Second is no award
    winner, but I'd probably accept it. It is definitely on the lower end of the quality of
    workmanship scale. My Lee molds look far better than the better of these two.

You shouldn't get any hassle on the one, the other one is a judgement call and probably
    meets the Lee specs, but just barely. Back to the first one, I suppose the silly thing might
    actually shoot OK, but it is definitely not good machine work.

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 10-18-2010 at 08:27 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Call or email Midway, I have had nothing but good experiences with them I am sure they will refund your money or replace the molds with proper ones. The 38 mold looks like a return. Or maybe your name 10 Beers says it all. Just kidding, be safe..

After lapping and polishing the cavities, here is the results of that ugly, buggered .358 mold. One is left normal, one cavity I bored for a HP Pin. Who say's a mold can't be made to work right...

Yah, they ARE missing the crimp in the photo--I got a little anxious to post my results and didn't run the crimp before taking the photo.

Banned

[QUOTE=Chief_10Beers;1016791]These are new from Midway. Are these Normal? They look unfinished to me.

TL358-158-SWC

Another View

Holy Cow!

They accidentaly shipped you one of their experimental molds with the new LTLGS!

(Longitudinal Tumble Lube Groove System)

It's a shame. A "button pusher" with no knowledge, interest, or pride in what they were making had to have run that one.

Boolit Master
    Lee is artful and well practiced at tool chatter as well as running without cutting oil.
    ph4570

It's a shame. A "button pusher" with no knowledge, interest, or pride in what they were making had to have run that one.
    But that's why those of us with knowledge, interest, and pride step in. In case you posted before getting to page 2, the to bullets right above your post are from THAT exact mold.

Boolit Man
    I can't believe they let that mold out of the factory. Every time I get ready to drop bucks on a Lee product something like this stairs me in the face. I gotta go look for a different mold mfg now...

bp

Boolit Master

BillP, a huge +1 for any of our custom mold makers. So far I only have one from Mihec, but it is truly a work of art.

Not cheap, but very worth the cost.

Boolit Master
    Rangefinder, nice job, they look smooooth.

I second a.squibload that is nice , that hollow point boolit will hella expand hope it holds together ( or retains all the mushroom head ) , but beautifull work ,, iv thought of making hollowpoints with my drillpress , anyone try it? With sucess ?

JIMinPHX makes a fixture for drilling hollow points in a drill press. Check in the Vendor/Sponsor forum (IIRC).
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Yeah, you can see my wonderful writeup, and pic!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_10Beers View Post
    These are new from Midway. Are these Normal? They look unfinished to me.

TL358-158-SWC
    I have the Lee TL358-158SWC and it is undisputedly my best shooting boolit bar none.

However, my mold don't like yours either.