Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45 devastator problems

Banned

All I can tell you is that I have several Lyman moulds that have the cavities machined off-center, looking down into the cavity with the sprue plate open, the cavity in the left block(with sprue plate screw in it) is further forward than the right cavity, some as much as .005". The outside of the blocks will be perfectly flush when mated, but the cavity halves don't line up. All my moulds are off the same direction, I think Lyman's boring vise is worn out and the blocks get sheared away from each other from the torque of the cherry.

I fixed one of these recently by filing one side of the alignment holes out and peening the other side to shift the hole locations slightly and slide the right block forward (away from the handle hinge).

Haven't had much luck with Lyman fixing anything I sent back, but you might try it anyway.

Gear

Boolit Master
    Gear, that sounds like a good fix.
    When I started this hobby I never would have thought I could fix molds like fixing cars or something.
    Have already fixed a couple with help from you guys.
    Now I almost look forward to mold problems!

Boolit Buddy
    well if they cant fix it I hope they just refund my money, this in my opinion looks very bad for lyman, if they dont do right by me ill never buy from them again, and pass my exp. along to others so they dont have to endure this. it is rediculous that I can buy a lee 6 cavity mold for half the price of a lyman single or double mold, and it actually performs better!!
    Someone over at lee needs to start making hp molds again..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12