Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: postal match for 22cal boolits only

Boolit Master

Bet that Savage will out shoot that Old Ruger any day if you get the 1/9 twist figured out. Good to know about the Alliant Steel, I just got some more 2400 today so can go back to work on my Sako maybe improve on my groups a little, definitily need to imrove on the one shot targets. weather is suppose to get back up into the 40's next week if the wind doesn't blow 40 mph I'll burn some more powder.

Boolit Master
    We are in the 40's too only in the minus column.
    We have an outside thermometer that reads to -40 then if it is colder than that the dial starts in the + side again at 120 and moves backwards. This week the dial was reading 110 for a couple days.
    I tried a few shots today with the 9" twist Savage with the 9gn Steel and the Lyman target design and it looks like that will do well too. Yesterday I said it was a 223 but that was wrong it is actually a 223 AI.

Boolit Master
    For additional incentive I will put up a prize of a box of boolits of your choice from our site. The prize will be awarded by drawing from a pool of names of all entrants.
    Just send in your targets good or bad and you have as much chance to win as anyone.
    There now all the more reason to join in.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Bwaaaaa bummer!!!!! Someone came in our shop and bought the Ruger hornet I was using for this match. Bwaaaaa! It was a shop gun and for sale, I was just using it.
    Bummer! Well he put up the price and left with it so now I have to start over.
    Bullshop,
    what was the price ?
    Jon

PS my 22H shooting will procede once some of this 30+ inches of snow melts. Looks like 8 to 10" more snow tomorrow for the Vikings Monday night game...they are playing in Minneapolis in an OUTDOOR statium for the first time in 29 years...and it's gonna snow !!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Jon
    You mean the price of the hornet I sold? It had a 6x Lyman AA scope on it and I told him I would sell at new dealer cost minus shipping for a ss ruger which is about $550.00
    Maybe you need to invest in a pair of snow shoes.

Boolit Master
    bah, im getting a couple of moulds, but no barrel for my .223.

Boolit Master
    Troy
    Go online and find some sabots then you can use those boolits in the match from any 30 cal rifle.
    I have a Kimber 30/06 that shoots perty darn good with boolits in sabots, and fast!!!

Boolit Master
    hummmmm, that may work! i just swapped my savage 111 from 7mm mag to .30 '06.

Boolit Master
    This is the target I plan to use. I've attached it here, it's a printable PDF file.

I like this one for several reasons. If someone else can use it, then enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bullseye with Grid.pdf  
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    allright! ive got the moulds, ive got the alloy, ive got the barrel(tomorrow), ive got the glass.

just need the checks, lube, sizing die, and bipod.

if i have to ill load 1 at a time.

Moderator Emeritus

Bullshop,
    Yeah, the ruger. I was just curious of what the markup is, that far north ?

I've got snowshoes and I could use the workout.
    Just maybe...
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    For additional incentive I will put up a prize of a box of boolits of your choice from our site. The prize will be awarded by drawing from a pool of names of all entrants.
    Just send in your targets good or bad and you have as much chance to win as anyone.
    There now all the more reason to join in.
    Awe heck, I can't be outdone! I will offer a second prize under the conditions that Bull Shop has offered. A mold of your choice from my current inventory.

I like the drawing, as every target is an entry. Bragging rights for the actual winner but every shooter has a chance to win the prizes!
    Michael

Boolit Master
    oh, and just fyi for you northern guys, its hovering around 73f here. lol

Boolit Master

Wow! Ranch Dog between you and Bullshop that should get some people interested, if it dosen't I don't know what will.

troy I hope the wind is blowing at least 25+. Thats what happens in my neighborhood every time the temps get up on the upper thirtys dang south wind gets to kick'n up too. The little boolits can sure get blowed around a bunch. One thing that I noticed though is that they are somewhat predictable just hard to figure out how much to hold off for the wind drift, never seem to hold enough. Heck if it was easy everybody would be in on this one.

Boolit Master
    NoZombies
    That is a good target and will make finding center much easier and precise for me to score.
    Ranch Dog
    That is a very generous offer and I thank you for it. I was going to leave my name out of the drawing but now I think I will put it in, about ten times!!! Just Kidding.
    Troy Mclure
    Thats just mean!!!! Remember I am the target scorer. All bribes will be considered.

Boolit Master

Ranch Dog and Bullshop,

You two will get the interest going for sure. I may have to try the 22-250 barrel and then put the 308 barrel on and try it with sabots. Naw, just the 22-250 will be enough aggravation!

Boolit Master
    so was it ever decided if a non mag red dot counts as iron sights for 50yds?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by manleyjt View Post
    Ranch Dog and Bullshop,

You two will get the interest going for sure. I may have to try the 22-250 barrel and then put the 308 barrel on and try it with sabots. Naw, just the 22-250 will be enough aggravation!
    manleyjt, I use to shoot the Lyman 225462 in a 22-250 and thought that it shot rather well. But that was 30 some years ago and probably wasn't trying to put all the boolits in the same hole. It was plently good enough for minute of beer can, killed a few squirrels and a ditch cougar or two.

Boolit Master
    Troy
    I dont know you decide.

Boolit Master
    well i say yes cause i have a gun with no iron sights, but a red dot! lol

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast