RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Sold Wheel Wt. clips

Boolit Master at heavens range

Sold Wheel Wt. clips

Went down to junk yard with a 5 Gal. buket full of wheel wt. clips,Last time got over $10.00 for the bucket full,Today same pail full I got $1.95, They must of paid me to much last time but its a way of getting rid of them. Smokemjoe

Either that or the price of Scrap Steel just went through the floor.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

smokejoe--If you get that much for just the clips---think what you'd get if you took the whole wheel when you are removing the wheelweights.

Boolit Master

Carpetman, I can always rely on you for some "off-beat" humor! I really appreciate it.. and I was NOT influenced by your new avitar! Honest I wasn't !

Boolit Buddy

Yesterday I took a coffee can full of spent primers, .22 rimfire cases and a few split neck of various calibers. It was a little over 17 pounds and I got $20, brass is $1.15 a pound at the scrapyard I took them to. The guy ahead of me had 300 pounds of once fired Lake City '06 brass, it seems like a shame to scrap perfectly good brass.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ken O View Post
    Yesterday I took a coffee can full of spent primers, .22 rimfire cases and a few split neck of various calibers. It was a little over 17 pounds and I got $20, brass is $1.15 a pound at the scrapyard I took them to. The guy ahead of me had 300 pounds of once fired Lake City '06 brass, it seems like a shame to scrap perfectly good brass.
    Ken, that would have been the time I brought more brass back from the scrap yard than I took in!

Boolit Master
    Ken, if that was me behind the guy with the 300lbs of once fired lake city brass I'd be filling a couple 5 gallon buckets and asking the dealer hoiw much??. Been there and done that. Frank

Boolit Buddy

I hear you! I shoot weekly CMP Garand matches at our club, and we charge $10 for the 56 rounds to shoot the match, I cant reload it for that. The ammo is LC72, in the en-bloc clips and bandeleros. So... I have about a bushel of once fired cases, and about the same of clips. I figure thats where the ammo came from, someone shooting our matches, and decided he had enough. I think he could have done better by ebaying the stuff.