RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Here's the range test of my new LBT .375 Win bullet

Here's the range test of my new LBT .375 Win bullet

Here are some targets I shot today with various .375 Win loads. In the 5 target photo the bullets are as follows:

Lower Left is a 200 gn. Sierra FP powered by 39 gf of H4895. This was a compressed load. All targets were shot at 50 yrds.

Center is a 255 gr LFN GC by LBT sized .380 and powered by 32.0 gr of RL7

To the right are two groups fired at the same lower right target but witht he sight adjusted after group one. Each of the two groups is a 200 gr Sierra FP and 36 compressed grains of RL7. The bottom group is a 5 shot group.

The second target shows a six shot group using a 250 gr LBT "style" bullet from Cast Bullet Performance. It is sized .380 and powered by 32 grains of RL7
    Last edited by omgb; 11-29-2007 at 01:17 AM.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

This photo shows 250 grain Winchester FP that were pulled from some factory loads by another board member. The load was 32 grains of RL7

So far, the LBT bullet is the best shooting of the bunch. I got zero leading from it. Veral Smith really knows how to fit a bullet. i sent him the chamber slug that I posted here a few weeks ago and he built the bullet around that cast. It drops at 260 using straight WW and 255 with some tin added. I will load some more and do some 100 yard work after I get my new patridge style front sight blade. The factory bead is crap for my eyes. It's way too fuzzy.
    Last edited by omgb; 11-29-2007 at 01:17 AM.
    R J Talley

Moderator Emeritus
    OMGB,

Nice shooting!

Have you tried any of the .375 group buy bullets that I sent you?

Where are you getting the patridge style front sight blade from? I might be interesed in one also.

John

Dang John, that's what I left in the range box! Oh crap! I was so flustered by all of the commotion going on around me that concentration was lacking. I will load them tomorrow and ty them the next time out. They did look very good though. And, they are sized right to boot.
    R J Talley