RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .243 boolit

Boolit Master
    If no one else takes that other 4 cavity, I'll take it after Christmas is over. Thanks, Billy
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

I've looked into the different block sizes and mold configurations that would be possible with this boolit design. I can offer it in any of the standard block sizes, 1C, 2C, 4C or 5C with sprue plates that have a 0.160 pour hole.

I can also off it in a 2C, 4C and 6C mold with the smaller block set configuration like I do with my 22 cal molds. 2 Cavities in 1C blocks, 4 cavities in 2C blocks, and 6 cavities in 4C blocks. All sprue plate holes would be 0.120 diameter.

All prices are as listed on my order page. i.e. 4 cavities in 2C blocks is the same prices as a standard 4C mold, $100.

I have been asked about HP's. Yes they will be available. But, only in the standard removable pin type. I will be using a 0.098 diameter pin as standard. The pin will remove all of the meplat. I can get 1 HP cavity in both a 2C and 4C mold that uses the smaller 1C and 2C block sets. In a 6 cavity mold, utilizing the 4C block sets, I can put in 2 HP cavities. Spacing between cavities dictates the # of HP cavities.

will you do a 3 cavity mold in the 2 cavity blocks?

My only concern with the 4c mold in 2c blocks is with the steel alignment pins being that close to the cavities in aluminum blocks it might result in less uniform block temps in those areas. I'd take one less cavity in order to avoid that. I'm wondering if this creates an issue with another sprue plate configuration, or something else I'm not considering.

-ktw

Quote Originally Posted by ktw View Post
    will you do a 3 cavity mold in the 2 cavity blocks?

My only concern with the 4c mold in 2c blocks is with the steel alignment pins being that close to the cavities in aluminum blocks it might result in less uniform block temps in those areas. I'd take one less cavity in order to avoid that. I'm wondering if this creates an issue with another sprue plate configuration, or something else I'm not considering.

-ktw
    No. I would have to one-off the sprue plate for that. I looked at the 2C and 6C molds in their proximity to those recesses. There's alot more room in them. I can also use a stand block size and cavity spacing. I would be using a 0.160 SP pour holes on these though. I had no problem pouring a standard 2C mold with 0.160 holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BABore View Post
    No. I would have to one-off the sprue plate for that.
    OK. Thanks.

I'm still ordering, I just want a day or two to mull over the options.

-ktw

Mould ordered through BRP.
    This country has gone to hell but now there is hope for us.

I will be ordering after the first of the year. Have to wait until after Christmas.

Is this dead or is there a chance of NOE building a 6MM/243 boolit mold? I am interested for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by seppos View Post
    I read the good results conserning the NOE:s 7mm hunter..
    Started to think about the same profile or something else that would be suitable for the .243 barrels..
    I personally have 6mm PPC USA gun and some barrels and reamer for PPC.
    I do also have some +300 cases for 6mm BR..
    So.. Would there be any other guys and gals interested about boolit suitable for 6mm barrel?
    And.. What would be the design that would suit the needs of people.

S
    "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves."

X-Pilot, I think you would have to start a new thread and have this mold made by a different manufacturer. NOE is a god choice in my estimation. I may be interested in a 6mm for .243 if this were to get going.

Armorer

Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Armorer View Post
    X-Pilot, I think you would have to start a new thread and have this mold made by a different manufacturer. NOE is a god choice in my estimation.

Armorer

Concur

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Boolit Master

I would be interested in a 70/80 gr for a 6 m/m tcu bbl.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Banned

Boolit Master

I would be interested.
    hopefully somthing close to 100gr.

Moderator Emeritus
    Too late mate this one has been run, cut and shipped, I missed out on it too.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123