Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: hand wax

Boolit Master

hand wax

O.K., boys, here's one; my wife got one of those 'Homedics' wax melters that is used to make a warm 'glove' of wax for the hands and feet. She was about to throw the used wax away, when she offered it to me. This stuff is as soft as can be and very flexible at room temp. It must have an incredibly long carbon chain! How can I use this stuff in loobs?
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

hmmmm....any idea what kind of wax base ? ( mite be on the new box ) since it's for spa vs. hair removal ( which often has a beeswax base as opposed to paraffin of most spa waxes) i'd try to figure out what they added to it ... the list below mite help , the last link has some products in it including hardeners/stiffeners as well as other stuff

http://www.bodywaxingsupplies.us/pro...n-Spa-Wax.html
    Description for GiGi Paraffin Spa Wax
    GiGi has a complete line of professional paraffin wax blends enriched with essential oils and natural ingredients. This fast and effective heat therapy for dry and cracked skin, arthritis, aching muscles and joints is excellent for hands, feet, arms, legs, the back and the face.

"Unscented" GiGi Unscented Paraffin is formulated for sensitive skin. Enriched with Vitamin E to soften and smooth, it is also ideal for facials and body treatments.

"Lavender" GiGi Lavender Paraffin is enriched with Grape Seed Oil. Anti-oxidants offer protection from environmental damage while Lavender relieves stress to soothe and calm the senses.

"Peach" GiGi Peach Paraffin offers deep skin conditioning with the moisturizing properties of Aloe Vera and Peach Oil to smooth dry, rough skin.

"Eucalyptus" GiGi Eucalyptus Paraffin is infused with Tea Tree Oil, a natural disinfectant and healing agent. The essence of Eucalyptus helps to invigorate and relax the body.

"Citrus" GiGi Citrus Paraffin contains the natural astringent properties of citrus to refresh and revitalize, and Ginseng to rejunvenate and stimulate the skin.

"Botanical Blend" GiGi Botanical Blend Paraffin has an exquisite balanced blend of Brazilian Papaya Fruit and natural botanicals. The combination of Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, Jojoba and Vitamin E will help protect the skin against dryness and premature aging.

"Mango & Shea" GiGi Mango Paraffin has a delightful Mango scent that invigorates and relaxes. Shea Butter penetrates deep into the skin to moisturize, soften and soothe dry, irritated skin.

"Sweet Vanilla" GiGi Sweet Vanilla Paraffin will smooth the skin and calm the senses. Cocoa Bean and Soybean Extracts contain moisturizing and skin rejuvenating properties which soothe severely dry, cracked skin.

"Cinnamon Apple" GiGi Cinnamon Apple Paraffin is enriched with Cinnamon Bark & Apple Extracts. Cinnamon Extract stimulates blood circulation and promotes healing while Apple Fruit Extract provides Vitamin C and nutrients for the skin. A holiday favorite!

"Spiced Pumpkin" GiGi Spiced Pumpkin Paraffin renews tired and weathered skin. It is formulated with Pumpkin Extract that is high in Beta-Carotene and nourishing Vitamin E. A holiday favorite!

"Blueberry" GiGi Blueberry Paraffin is a moisturizing and nourishing paraffin wax formula containing the powerful Blueberry fruit extracts. Blueberry contains high level of antioxidants for healthy looking skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of blueberries also appear to prevent and relieve arthritic symptoms.

"Crushed Grape" GiGi Crushed Grape Paraffin contains Grape Seed oil that offers the most luxurious paraffin treatments! Grape Seed extract contains antioxidants to prevent free radical damage and reduces the rate of aging and wrinkles on skin.

"Pomegranate Cranberry" GiGi Pomegranate Cranberry Paraffin is formulated with Pomegranate and Cranberry fruit extracts that are beneficial for skin health. Pomegranates contain polyphenols- an anti-oxidant that fights free radicals that age skin. When paired with another anti-oxidant like Cranberry, it has even more benefits. Cranberries are rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants that fight off harmful molecules attacking skin.

http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.co...s/Default.aspx

stiffen it up a bit add something for lube and try it !!

Banned

if i had it i'd try mixing in a little carnuba and some lanolin.
    or a straight mix with carnuba red, cause i have some.
    or going 50-50 with b-wax, and some white lith.[ lithium stearate]
    or even try the felix, mineral oil/castor oil ,and harden with the soap [ sodium stearate]
    heck try it straight with just a little lanolin, in the revolver.

Boolit Master

I load for .45, .303, and SKS, so I was hoping to use it for those. The box just says 'paraffin'. Would it hold up to a 25" barrel? I will check out the loob recipes sticky.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

should be ok in the 45 ,,the other two .... will depend upon ur alloy ur speed/pressure and ur additives , it seems that i often read that paraffin isnt so great for the stronger stuff above about 40-ish % of the mix tho saeco green is supposed to be decent ( with appox 49%), of course as always size is king [shrugz]

Banned

i have used a parrafin /carnuba wax ,at rifle vels [1900]. in a couple of rifles.
    it worked fine.
    i did use a medium rifle powder and a filler though.

Boolit Master

Well, there is the paraffin in candles that is hard and brittle, and there is this stuff; will the type make any difference, or is it all the same as far as our purposes go?
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

The hand wax is not 100% paraffin. It's mixed with some kind of softener.
    You may be able to look-up the MSDS for your wax on the manufacturer's website.

Boolit Grand Master

I had the same thought the other day!

My wife has a Dr. Scholls wax bath and wants to change the wax. I told her I would "take it off her hands" (pun intended) as it might be good for boolit lube.

If not, it might just make good flux.

Gotta be a gun related use for it! Or some use anyway.

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

legi0n:

Just noticed you are in BC. Where are you?

I am in the West Kootenays

Longbow

Banned

there is micro-parrafin wax also the difference is the size of the holes in the wax which holds the lube.
    micro is better at holding more lube. than regular parrafin.
    beeswax has larger holes.
    soy wax is closer to beeswax. and is also used in candlemaking.
    parrafin waxes are petroleum products, and are related to mineral oils,vaseline and alox [which is basically an oxidized form of petroleum jelly]
    the biggest thing you need to worry about is the lube you try bleeding out of the wax and having to find a binding agent.
    if you had like 5 lbs of this wax i'd make the basic felix recipe and mix it in. the sodium stearate should bind the lube in fine.
    if it were a smaller amount i'd just use white lith grease [lith stearate] and or lanolin.
    if you need it a bit firmer then b-wax or carnuba.

I think that it's a mix of parafin and mineral oil. Since vaseline is thick mineral oil, you could probably use it like Barry Darr lube. You might even try mixing it with beeswax since it's so soft.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    hmmmm....any idea what kind of wax base ? ( mite be on the new box ) since it's for spa vs. hair removal ( which often has a beeswax base as opposed to paraffin of most spa waxes) i'd try to figure out what they added to it ... the list below mite help , the last link has some products in it including hardeners/stiffeners as well as other stuff

http://www.bodywaxingsuplies.us/prod...n-Spa-Wax.html
    Description for GiGi Paraffin Spa Wax
    GiGi has a complete line of professional paraffin wax blends enriched with essential oils and natural ingredients. This fast and effective heat therapy for dry and cracked skin, arthritis, aching muscles and joints is excellent for hands, feet, arms, legs, the back and the face.

"Unscented" GiGi Unscented Paraffin is formulated for sensitive skin. Enriched with Vitamin E to soften and smooth, it is also ideal for facials and body treatments.

"Lavender" GiGi Lavender Paraffin is enriched with Grape Seed Oil. Anti-oxidants offer protection from environmental damage while Lavender relieves stress to soothe and calm the senses.

"Peach" GiGi Peach Paraffin offers deep skin conditioning with the moisturizing properties of Aloe Vera and Peach Oil to smooth dry, rough skin.

"Eucalyptus" GiGi Eucalyptus Paraffin is infused with Tea Tree Oil, a natural disinfectant and healing agent. The essence of Eucalyptus helps to invigorate and relax the body.

"Citrus" GiGi Citrus Paraffin contains the natural astringent properties of citrus to refresh and revitalize, and Ginseng to rejunvenate and stimulate the skin.

"Botanical Blend" GiGi Botanical Blend Paraffin has an exquisite balanced blend of Brazilian Papaya Fruit and natural botanicals. The combination of Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, Jojoba and Vitamin E will help protect the skin against dryness and premature aging.

"Mango & Shea" GiGi Mango Paraffin has a delightful Mango scent that invigorates and relaxes. Shea Butter penetrates deep into the skin to moisturize, soften and soothe dry, irritated skin.

"Sweet Vanilla" GiGi Sweet Vanilla Paraffin will smooth the skin and calm the senses. Cocoa Bean and Soybean Extracts contain moisturizing and skin rejuvenating properties which soothe severely dry, cracked skin.

"Cinnamon Apple" GiGi Cinnamon Apple Paraffin is enriched with Cinnamon Bark & Apple Extracts. Cinnamon Extract stimulates blood circulation and promotes healing while Apple Fruit Extract provides Vitamin C and nutrients for the skin. A holiday favorite!

"Spiced Pumpkin" GiGi Spiced Pumpkin Paraffin renews tired and weathered skin. It is formulated with Pumpkin Extract that is high in Beta-Carotene and nourishing Vitamin E. A holiday favorite!

"Blueberry" GiGi Blueberry Paraffin is a moisturizing and nourishing paraffin wax formula containing the powerful Blueberry fruit extracts. Blueberry contains high level of antioxidants for healthy looking skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of blueberries also appear to prevent and relieve arthritic symptoms.

"Crushed Grape" GiGi Crushed Grape Paraffin contains Grape Seed oil that offers the most luxurious paraffin treatments! Grape Seed extract contains antioxidants to prevent free radical damage and reduces the rate of aging and wrinkles on skin.

"Pomegranate Cranberry" GiGi Pomegranate Cranberry Paraffin is formulated with Pomegranate and Cranberry fruit extracts that are beneficial for skin health. Pomegranates contain polyphenols- an anti-oxidant that fights free radicals that age skin. When paired with another anti-oxidant like Cranberry, it has even more benefits. Cranberries are rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants that fight off harmful molecules attacking skin.

http://newcart.candlesandsuplies.com...s/Default.aspx

stiffen it up a bit add something for lube and try it !!
    thank you for info. I found the information I really wanted.

Boolit Master

You should be able to find a good use for it from all the suggestions. Let us know how you used it.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle