WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Texan shell holders.

Boolit Master

Texan shell holders.

Will RCBS shell holders for instance interchange with the Texan loading presses?
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Banned
    Yes. All snap in shellholders are the same. Also applies to the Texan presses that use the "H" type shellholders. All the H types will interchange.

Another note, Herter's thread on shellholders will work on the Echo presses, and the otherway around.

Ken

Boolit Master
    Thanks Ken, I appreciate the quick response.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Buddy
    I realize this is a12 year old thread but I recently got a Texan turret press and it came with one shell holder but I need others. As stated, RCBS shell holders will fit into the press BUT the priming piece will NOT fit through the hole in the holder. The Texan holder has a visibly larger hole.

I'm not just talking about the rod part of the primer like you would swap out for large or small primers. The primer holder has a spring loaded sleeve that goes around the primer rod to hold the primer. (Primer cup?) That sleeve needs to pass through the hole in the shell holder and it will not go through the RCBS holders. So now I'm looking for actual Texan brand shell holders or else I may buy a set of Lee or RCBS holders and ream them out.

Boolit Master

Don't get any Hornady shell holders. They are VERY hard. Bought some on sale, they were too hard to engrave with a carbide tipped vibro-engraver.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bulla View Post
    I realize this is a12 year old thread but I recently got a Texan turret press and it came with one shell holder but I need others. As stated, RCBS shell holders will fit into the press BUT the priming piece will NOT fit through the hole in the holder. The Texan holder has a visibly larger hole.

I'm not just talking about the rod part of the primer like you would swap out for large or small primers. The primer holder has a spring loaded sleeve that goes around the primer rod to hold the primer. (Primer cup?) That sleeve needs to pass through the hole in the shell holder and it will not go through the RCBS holders. So now I'm looking for actual Texan brand shell holders or else I may buy a set of Lee or RCBS holders and ream them out.
    May not have to be specific Texan shellholders. I have a number of 60's-70's vintage RCBS shell holders that have the larger through hole.

Post what you have and what you are looking for in S&S, you may get a trade that will work for you.

Measure the hole and list the minimum size that will work for you. Some of the larger hole shell holders "sorta" work with current size priming arms or tools. The correct size works way better.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    Don't get any Hornady shell holders. They are VERY hard. Bought some on sale, they were too hard to engrave with a carbide tipped vibro-engraver.
    Current Hornady shell holders have a larger hole and if it is large enough and it’s marked to its size then isn’t that all that matters?

Best regards

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”