RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Ideal #311359

Boolit Man

Ideal #311359

Anyone shot this bullet in a 308 winchester? They list it in one book one caliber. Red dot is what I was thinking as I have several pounds & a little 700x. Bullet jump would be alot. Any help thanks.

Boolit Master
    i cannot say for that particular bullet, but I use red dot in my 30-30 and my 7.62 bolt gun. It works very well usually. Good powder density and velocity is consistent.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master
    Used 11.5 grains Red Dot with the 311359 in my .308. Acceptable accuracy but don't remember the details. I think my brother "borrowed" that mold a few years ago. You know how that goes.

Nighthunter

In Remebrance

I've used the similar 311316 in 308 with about 10.0 RD IIRC. The 311359 is also a 32-20 design like the 311316. Given proper fit and some load development it should work. If you loo back in the older Lyman manuals it was used in the 300 Savage which has similar capacity and the 30-06, so there's certianly hope.

Boolit Grand Master

Many, many years ago when I was using dacron as a wad I used 10 gr of Unique with a 1/2 gr dacron wad for excellent accuracy at 1775 fps out of my 24" barreled hunting .308W. Killed many a Blue and Ruffed grouse with it with minimal meat damage from the pointed bullet. I don't use dacron as a wad any more for other than "ringing" reasons. I use dacron (lots of it) as a filler but it's use is really not needed. When I quit using dacron as a wad I also switched to Bullseye (no wad or filler needed) and used 7.5 gr under the 311359 for right at 1400 fps. It was very accurate and was really deadly on grouse out to 100 yards.

Larry Gibson