Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lube test

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Wasserburger View Post
    Sharps shooter,

#1 I have never received a question from you on Paper Patching. If I had or have missed it then I am sorry as I always try to answer anyones PMs to me.

#2 You, need to keep up, you mention my exwife of 7 years past, also you mention my brother Dennis, who will be Dead 9 years Nov 17th this year.

And you have Sunk to a all time low with that posting draging in my brother and exwife.

Mr. That is about as low as you can go.

Kenny Wasserburger
    Kenny, I was nice enough to "X" out important initials and numbers to deny specific information being easily gained by someone with malicious intent. You called down the thunder when you specifically implied that using a Screen name was not commonly decent. I simply demonstrated how easily information is to acquire. If you want sympathy it is in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    SS

There was no reason for you to make that post above.

I don't sell lube it's just for my use and I give a lot away. One way or other I don't care what the test results are. For my own purpose for Kenny to see if mine hold up in his conditions is for me so when I shoot out his way I know which lube I will use and I know I can trust Kenny to give a truthful evaluation with out bias and I will go on fron there.

Kurt
    Kurt with all due respect, my post is between Wasserburger and myself, no offense intended.
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Master
    Bullshop,

I missed your last post with all of the Vitrol flying about here.

Yes Bee's wax will be the killing factor, any lube I have tested that has it, for a carrier, will fail below 28% RH most often below, that they are done, Black Magic actually did well down to 20% Thats the stuff Bill Bagwell's wife made. It was as good as DGL or SPG, for accuracy, and actually was better then a Lube I used to use with White Lithium Grease in it, both of them would hold up still at 20% RH but just barely. Black Magic actually gave a touch fast Velocity on the Chrono too. Kinda weird. I applaud your honestly and wanting to improve what by accounts is a good lube. And I am sure in most uses it is, we out west deal in extremes, temps and Humidity, seen it at 75% at 7 am in sighting in and by noon below 25% THIS WRECKS HAVOC WITH SCORES AND FOULING CONTROL. I have more then once burned down on the 1000 yard line and started putting them in the Dirt killing any chance of placing.

When I first Saw Kurt's lube my initial reaction was wow this is White Lighting, but it does not have the same smell and its a slight bit different, However I think Kurt's wax is the exact same. It is so close to White Lighting as not to be funny.

I am working this weekend so testing is most likely out, I hope to maybe next weekend, Going to try to cast up a few bullets though between call outs this weekend and use that hot rod 38-50 of mine too wring out your lube, Kurt's and use Whitelighting as a control.

Kenny W.
    The Lunger

Boolit Master
    SS,

Perhaps when ever you sent your PM asking for Help, I was remembering previous posts of yours, Hence the reason you never got any reply?

Using my Little Brother who passed away in 2001, in a terrible auto accident, and I had to go claim his body and bring him home to his grieving parents, and my Exwife to inflict pain. God help you, your one sorry human being.

No I am not wanting SY____ What I want is you to have the Guts to actually discuss this with me on the phone.

Kenny W

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Wasserburger View Post
    SS,

Perhaps when ever you sent your PM asking for Help, I was remembering previous posts of yours, Hence the reason you never got any reply?

Using my Little Brother who passed away in 2001, in a terrible auto accident, and I had to go claim his body and bring him home to his grieving parents, and my Exwife to inflict pain. God help you, your one sorry human being.

No I am not wanting SY____ What I want is you to have the Guts to actually discuss this with me on the phone.

Kenny W
    Kenny,

All I did was make it obvious as to how easy it is to obtain information. In no way shape or form did I make any disparaging remarks regarding either individual, nor did I say it was to inflict pain. Your brothers demise is unfortunate, but don't play the victim. All I did was demonstrate how easy it is to fall prey to identity theft with just a search using a name and location to show you the folly of using your given name. Kenny, I have lots of guts. What I don't have is hearing,. Years of shooting and an accident when I was young destroyed 85% of that and as I age the remaining 15% is of little use. I haven't talked on the phone for years and short of an act of god never will again.

Send me a PM if you like .....or not......up to you. You can call me what you wish and spin it to suit you, but we both know that my statements were plain english.

SS

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's been several weeks and no rain here in Illinois and the humidity has been in the teens, it was 17% today very low for my part of the world and I been shooting for a couple weeks with the .44-90 BN and the .50-90, greasers and PP getting familiar with the barrel sights out to 250 yards for next weeks Buffalo hunt and the lube has been working pretty good using the tube. The stuff I gave you never failed but the new lube I mixed up has the edge.
    Be waiting for your results.

Kurt

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    No bickering, guys, we all want to learn something here.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    SS, I think that what we need is a deep breath and a thought about the word team. Every one here is very excited about this test. I have had my ID stolen 2 times and I'm a former cop with 15 years on the streets. It can happen to anyone even those that use a handle for forums on the wire. If some one that had the correct equipment was to be on line while you were they could have your address in short order. Most cities have a book that is called a cris cross. I can even secure your phone numbers with out your permission even if non listed. You are living in a bubble if you believe other wise. Baskin Robbins carried all the different flavors because of the fact that we all are not alike nor do we want the same things. I live and shoot in Louisiana where we have a cup of humidity with every breath. So I will always use my lube to shoot. I would like to know what works in the West so that it may be stored in that file sitting on my shoulders. Later
    David Shultz
    17195 David Dr.
    Livingston,La. 70754
    H-225-686-1502
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    As I type I have a new batch of lube brewing, sans bee's wax. I spent the day on line searching for mineral waxes and oil soluble mineral oils. I had already been looking into other carriers besides bee's wax last spring when we shut down so I did already have something to try. The future of BP lube looks bright. With the input from people at the level of our testers here we should be taking some giant steps forward for the average shooter that buys his lube.
    At some point I hope to find a tester down under so that this does not have to take a winter break.
    When the 2011 BPCR season arrives I hope to have available undisputedly the best money can buy. I am having fun too!

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Don't know if there's any Aussies or Kiwi's here, but there is on bpcr.net
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    I think we have a few Aussies and Kiwi's here that may help when that time comes.
    The lube I made up today looks very good, very smooth and slick.
    I ran a test I had in mind for some time but had put off during our shut down.
    It started with a batch of bullplate and I blended with it an equal part of a mineral oil.
    Those blended nicely so then I added an equal part of water. The mineral oil absorbed the water and all stayed together without separating.
    Now I dont plan on adding water to my lube but if your with me on this I think you know where its going. Yup the water is added by the shooter with a blow tube and should mix just as readily if the RH is low enough to call for tubing.
    If we can get a lube that mixes with the powder fouling and can absorb whatever moisture is available either from the atmosphere or from blow tubing we should have exactly what is needed.

Boolit Master

Cajun

As a electrical and computer automation engineer since 1983, I am well aware of what it takes to get access to information. Encryption has gotten better but so have the tools to work around it or defeat it. My point was quite simple actually. Don't make it easy. Catching the horse is a whole is a whole lot harder than fixing the fence. I don't feel too much of a "team spirit" when it is implied that folks who use a screen name (like you, me and many others here) are not decent enough to address another. That you wish to display your name and address is your business and while I wouldn't encourage it at the same time, I won't condemn it either. Not my business you see.

The tests will no doubt yield some interesting results. Lets just see where it goes.

SS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    My post to you was meant to say that there could be some fixed notions about people and products and that will do nothing but cause harm. That harm will not affect those who are in the exchange but the entire forum both present and future. When I first came to this forum it was a breath of fresh air to read all of the post. Other forums I had visited were calling each other names and were very confrontational people. They did this under the guise of a handle and that is the point that KW was making. I posted my info to a BAD A-- on this forum and asked him to do the same; he refused which told me of his make up. I posted it to you not as a challenge but to just make a point that it does not matter what others do. To each his own. I am sure that all parties if FTF would be shaking hands and making plans on how this thing works out. KW gave me a ton of help and I have nothing but respect for him and his close friend Jim Terry. KW is like me in that he will speak his mind and let you know where he stands. Sometimes that is good and some times not so good as I have done punishment details both in the military and while a cop because I stood up. That is why I know that this test will be honest as KW will tell you the truth. You know the old saying about some times the truth hurts. I have used and have told others about Dan's lubes. In fact one mold maker now sends out Bullplate with each new mold after I sent him some to try. I have about 3 lbs of NASA on hand also. I see nothing but good coming from this test as it may help several hundred and not just two. I had to add BW to all my NASA for use in Louisiana as it was too soft and sticky for our climate. I still think that it is good for certain conditions. Steve Garbe will tell you that SPG is not the correct lube for all conditions and that is good and I have respect for him for saying that.Later
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    What is BW ? Maybe a dumb question.

Boolit Master

Talking

BW =Bees Wax

Boolit Master

Talking

What I want to get out of this test is what lube is the best for the hot and low humidity conditions like Kenny describes but also what might work in cold conditions with low humidity say 40 deg or less for both target and hunting. I think that this will hopefully lead to a better understanding of the importance of lubes and also the techniques of using a blow tube along with wiping. Who knows maybe a new and better lube will be the results of this test.

Boolit Master
    Doc Highwall

"Who knows maybe a new and better lube will be the results of this test."

That is my hope, and an open channel of information that it may continue to improve.
    I was also thinking about the very thing you mentioned, cold and dry which we have here.
    My idea is to have two slightly different lubes, nasa summer and nasa winter.
    Not much of a problem here with foul out from lube melting but I know it is a problem for some of you. When I shot the Quigley it was 106 degrees on the fireing line, something I was not used to.

Boolit Master

Cajun,

I didn't perceive your post as a challenge at all. You made your point as I have made mine. There is no quarrel in that regard. I don't know how you guys shoot in that miserable humidity.

I've made it clear to Bullshop that I in no way wished to see his efforts diminished by controversy that has little to do with the topic at hand. I stand by that.

......that's all I say about it..........

SS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bullshop.

Tell you what

if I ever find the secret of a lube that I can use to shoot more than 50 rounds out of my 50 or the rest of my powder rifles with out blow tubing and not get fouled out from lead I will tell you and if you do, I will buy the lube from you so I can quit making it
    Right now I can load and shoot with out the tube and the rounds will drop right in the chamber but lead starts to build up after 20 or so rounds in the .50.

Kurt

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar

I AM impressed

Initial test firing of the Nasa lube.
    70 grs goex cartridge , cci large rifle primer. rp cases. rcbs 82084 bullet cast from wheelweight sized .459 and dip lubed with Bullshops Nasa lube.
    65 Degrees 35% humidity, 20 mph winds, partly cloudy

Fired this from the wifes Winchester 45-70 bpcr 21 rounds no tubing or wiping , no loss of accuracy at 270 yds.
    Clean up was good and no lead found.
    So far , looking really good.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master

rcbs 82084 bullet cast from wheelweight sized .459 and dip lubed
    That's a GG boolit correct? What's the advantage of dip lubing?

SS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast