RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Passing it on

Boolit Master

Passing it on

Had one of my sons cast for the first time tonight. I was working on some 200gr 45 HP Mihec boolits and had a bunch of my kids over, got crowded in my man cave. One of the sons, that also has a 1911 decided to try his hand at it. He didn't cast many but seemed to enjoy it. He is a good bit taller than I am and the bottom pour pot is set so I don't have much trouble lining things up. He had to bend down a good bit to see the spout, lol.

We did have fun though. Now to paper patch some of those Bator 22's so we can get a load worked up for the AR 15 and a light action spring. Fun Fun.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Ain't it great spreadin' the knowledge to another generation ? I keep working on my nephews and niece trying to get them in deep enough to swim around themselves in the "gun culture" that used to be in free America . I doubt my niece will ever cast bullets , but as long as she can still beat her brother with a .22 rifle she doesn't have to .

The one lad likes pistols the other , rifles so it's a good thing that both interest me huh? One day I hope to see them both either pouring lead or squeezing it , both methods would be great though .

Jack

Super Moderator

..........Seems a lot of youngsters these days enjoy mental stimulation vs the manual arts. Less sweat?

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master

Good moning
    Yep.. +1 to that.
    My sons grew up around casting. So did I.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.