Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: changing to bottom pour

Boolit Master

thanks marshal kane wikk be purchacing the lee 20#pro 4 as $ becomes availible.is it the closer to the pot the more pressure put to( injecting) the melt in the mould?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GP100man
    thanks marshal kane wikk be purchacing the lee 20#pro 4 as $ becomes availible.is it the closer to the pot the more pressure put to( injecting) the melt in the mould?
    Find best bullet weight consistency when the alloy level in the pot is kept at a high level as there is more pressure put on the alloy going through the spout. Will periodically add ingots as the alloy level starts to drop. Should not get the spout too close to the mould as the sprue buildup can start to solidfy around the spout. Mine is set to where the mould is about 1/4 inch from the spout. This allows a good sprue buildup that still clears the spout. If you can work closer, then do so as you don't want the alloy to cool too much travelling from the spout to the mould. Pretty much basic casting techniques so with your ladle casting experience, you will adapt to bottom pour quickly.

Boolit Master

thanks marshal kane that was what i was pondering if i put the sprue plate touching if the spout would freeze up ,