WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingPBcastcoRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 257 Shooter has passed

Boolit Buddy

257 Shooter has passed

For a few days, I have been trying to contact 257 Shooter about getting together and casting and doing some shooting. When my emails and calls went unanswered, I became concerned and I was near Jim's neighborhood this afternoon so I decided to stop for a quick visit to make sure all was well.

Jim's neighbor informed me that Jim died on July 5 after working in the yard on a extremely hot Texas afternoon. Jim and I both shared a fondness for the Quarterbore and had planned on shooting some cast in our 257 Bobs.

I spoke with his daughter tonight and gave her my condolences. We are diminished.

I looked under 257 Shooters profile and his last visit to Cast Boolits was July 5,2010.

May he rest in peace.

Centex Bill

Banned

I'm stunned. Jim and I were supposed to get together again and do some casting for .30-30 with a mould I recently got, I wondered why he didn't return my PM's, Emails, or phone calls. Checked his last posts several times for clues. I was thinking seriously about posting a question here about it but wasn't sure anyone would know more than me.

Though I only knew him a short time, he was a good man and will miss not getting to know him better. My condolences to his family, he was too young to die like that.

When the group buy NOE RD .30-30 moulds get made, anyone who has one shoot the first round for Jim, he will never get to use his.

Ian
    Last edited by geargnasher; 08-29-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Boolit Master

This from the New Braunfels Herald-Zietung dated July 7th.

James (Jim) Judson Dudley Jr.

James (Jim) Judson Dudley Jr. 50, of New Braunfels, went to be with the Lord on Monday night July 5, 2010. He was born on August 19, 1959, in Agana, Guam. He is the son of James (Jud) Judson Dudley Sr. and Peggy Lackey Dudley. Jim received a Bachelor’s degree in business from Baylor University in 1981, where he was a member of Lambda Chi Alpha. Jim was a master salesman. Visitation will be at Doeppenschmidt Funeral Home Thursday, July 8 from 4-8 p.m. and the family will be there from 4-6 p.m. The funeral will be at Oakwood Baptist Church on Friday, July 9, at 2 p.m. Survivors are his daughter Rebekah Kay Zook and husband Chad and granddaughter Kay Lynn, his son James Benjamin Dudley, his sister Gwen Dudley, his parents Jud & Peggy Dudley, his fiancee Karen Hood, aunt Patsy Zeidman and uncle AM Zeidman and two first cousins Ben and Troy Zeidman.

We all meet here in cyberspace and rarely meet in person. Jim Dudley is a friend I never met in person. He will be missed.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Rest in peace. Be careful out in that heat, guys.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Dang! Much too young! My condolences to his family and fiancee.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Moderator Emeritus

Rest in Peace Jim. My thoughts and prayers go out to all Jim's family and friends.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus

Wow, too young to go. RIP 257.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

He was such a nice guy.
    "The secrets of this earth are not for all men to see,but only for those who will seek them..."- Equality 7-2521 -Anthem by Ayn Rand

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy
    always sad to loose a shooter, i was going to pm him about quarter bore since i really want one... i hope he enjoys the range in the sky and watches out for all of us down here.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.