Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Riverwalker76

Sure would like to see a pic of what these look like. Or, at least a detailed description. Do these have broken and irregular surfaces, or are they smooth and convex? I don't want to be critical, just want an ideal what they look like before I buy. Seems some other guys on here do too. Maybe a few of the stones that the guys have received could get photographed and posted.
    Thanks,
    Wayne
    Aim low boys, there ridin shetlands

I just got my hands on 1 well it should be one piece but since it was not packaged at all it is in 3 pieces. And even if it was in one piece it was not what I expected to be honest. As neither side is flat to sharpen anything on.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

3. 08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
    Reason
    Not constructive

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    I just got my hands on 1 well it should be one piece but since it was not packaged at all it is in 3 pieces. And even if it was in one piece it was not what I expected to be honest. As neither side is flat to sharpen anything on.
    I've told you how to resolve this matter. Meet my request and I will gladly send you another. Since you have decided to handle this outside the realm of PM, and publicly voiced your opinion .... after one PM .... how is that a chance to resolve the problem?

As far as the statement "As neither side is flat to sharpen anything on." goes .... that is simply UNTRUE. I never send out a stone that cannot be used to sharpen.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I would like to see pictures posted of these stones.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I'm curious as well, a photo would be pretty helpful.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

Haven't seen my 2 yet so I can't comment. I'm hoping they will work well for sharpening some of my leather cutting tools.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Why no pictures?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Ok here it is you tell me even if it was not broke is it FLAT so one can use it to sharpen anything?

If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    Riverwalker, by "mountain man sharpening stone" do you mean a piece of novaculite pretty much as it came from the quarry- No machining done to produce even one flat side?

I have access to diamond wet saws and could work on such material. But some here might not. Most uses I have for a large finishing stone require at least one truly flat side.

If you're selling something more than baked hunks of rock, could you describe exactly what you're offering?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Quote Originally Posted by riverwalker76 View Post
    I've told you how to resolve this matter. Meet my request and I will gladly send you another. Since you have decided to handle this outside the realm of PM, and publicly voiced your opinion .... after one PM .... how is that a chance to resolve the problem?

As far as the statement "As neither side is flat to sharpen anything on." goes .... that is simply UNTRUE. I never send out a stone that cannot be used to sharpen.
    As requested I sent you the same pictures as posted here. Also I do not wish to have another rock just a refund as I have said a couple of times in my correspondence to you.

Also with the pictures they show that it is NOT FLAT.

And many times people on this good forum have asked for pictures and yet you have posted 0 just excuses.

If people are willing to pay good money for picked up river rock that may or may not have been put in an oven that is great. But my pictures show what they really are and to me and for my use it was just an expensive rock.

Of which to this point I feel I will not get a refund but get stoned. I just hope others do not fall into this quarry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert2368 View Post
    Riverwalker, by "mountain man sharpening stone" do you mean a piece of novaculite pretty much as it came from the quarry- No machining done to produce even one flat side?

I have access to diamond wet saws and could work on such material. But some here might not. Most uses I have for a large finishing stone require at least one truly flat side.

If you're selling something more than baked hunks of rock, could you describe exactly what you're offering?
    Bert as you see in the pictures you are correct it would be something from a quarry with no machining done to have a flat side.

If you have the tools to make one side flat that would be great but as you said most here do not have those tools.

Banned
    I have offered him a refund of $10 for the cost of the stone if he ships it back to me as pictured. That is his initial cost of $15 minus my shipping cost to him. I don't know of anyone or any company, for that matter, that is in the habit of refunding shipping costs to someone without receiving the items back beforehand.

As for the condition of these stones .... I have sold hundreds of these at rendezvous to individuals, and they all love them. Several years ago I went with 3 five gallon buckets full of them, and was sold out in 2 days. I couldn't have brought enough to fill the desires of the guys there. This is an authentic, true to period, sharpening stone. With a whole stone ,similar to the size and thickness of the one above, I have been sharpening my bowie knives, axes, and lawn mower blades with nothing more than water for 3 years or more.

If you use water on these stones it will create a light slurry that will help to completely flatten out the stone after a few uses.

However, these are true to period sharpening stones as they did not have wet saws at their disposal to cut them back in the mid to late 1800's.

How is it fair to spend $20.00 to get back $10.oo on something that was shipped incorrectly and not as advertised. I will not throw good money on top of bad to ship some broken rocks back. If you wish to do the right thing then send me $10.OO and that will be that and I will eat the $5.oo you spent to ship the rock.

Boolit Master

So in reality he is getting $5 back, cause he is having to pay the $5 to ship you the broken pieces? Jester, cut your loses brother and just be done with it. This is definently one of those "buyer beware" items because there was no picture posted of the goods for sale and you assumed (just like I would) that the product was an actual sharpening stone and not something a caveman would have used..
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned
    How is it fair to spend $20.00 to get back $10.oo on something that was shipped incorrectly and not as advertised. I will not throw good money on top of bad to ship some broken rocks back. If you wish to do the right thing then send me $10.OO and that will be that and I will eat the $5.oo you spent to ship the rock.
    The stones were exactly as advertised. Here is the description from my previous sales of the stones.

These stones aren't as 'pretty' as the ones you would buy in the store, but they are better than anything that you can buy for the money. These stones can put an edge on any steel blade that would rival most surgeon's scalpels using the right oil and technique.

As I stated before ... these aren't a wooden boxed sharpening stone, but instead a replica of what you might find in a Mountain Man's Possibles Pouch. They are made from handpicked Grade A - Arkansas Novaculite, and I have heat treated the stone at 850 degrees for 8 hours to improve the honing ability and hardness of the stone.

PM me with any questions. If you already know what these are ... then you know what kind of deal these are at this price. I've sold similar stones at rendezvous for twice the money, but I figured shipping would be part of your cost ... so you get the better deal.
    I summarized on this sale as I'm sure that the 1805 people that read the post knew what they were. You read the description of them, and you even posted questions in this topic ..... http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=90096.

I'm finished arguing about it. I told you what the terms for a refund were, and I believe them to be completely reasonable. I could still use the 3 stones you have there for many uses. Send them back to me, and I will gladly refund the $10 we agreed to. I do not know of ANYONE who would refund money while the other party still held the goods.

If you wish to keep discussing this matter in the public forum then I am going to ignore you! I've given you my terms in private and in public. Take them or leave them. You keep beating a dead horse, and posted on the topic before I even had a chance to make amends last evening. How is that acceptable?

Had you handled this situation a little better we might be discussing different terms at this time. Instead you came at my throat right out of the gate, and demanded me replace the stone ... sight unseen. Then you started threatening me via PM without me even responding to your FIRST PM. Sorry ... maybe you will be more patient in the future.

Again NO I WILL NOT SPEND $5.OO MORE to send you some pieces of rock. SEND THE $10.OO to me and I will call it even and eat the $5.OO you spent to ship the broken river rock to me.

But either way if you follow through or not please leave this forum and never return after you get things right with the others here that may have dealings with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    So in reality he is getting $5 back, cause he is having to pay the $5 to ship you the broken pieces? Jester, cut your loses brother and just be done with it. This is definently one of those "buyer beware" items because there was no picture posted of the goods for sale and you assumed (just like I would) that the product was an actual sharpening stone and not something a caveman would have used..
    Yep you are right Doby. I may have lost my funds but the worst part is what others may have lost to this person on our great forum.

And I do have to agree Doby we should have seen pictures first at least.

This topic is under review by the staff, and hereby locked.

Thread locked for staff review.

Banned

DEADBEAT - Riverwalker76

To all of the folks that have purchased sharpening stones from me .....

All of the sharpening stones have gone out as of last Wednesday. For some unknown reason there has been a delay in delivery of some of them, and you have not received them as of yet. I do not understand why this has happened, and I am working on finding out the answers. I want to know as much as you do why some of you haven't received them yet.

On some of the shipments I made the mistake of putting a USPS Priority Flat Rate stamp on the box without Delivery Confirmation. I did this in complete trust of the US Postal Service, and did not think there would be a problem. For some reason there has been a problem, and I am working ... locally ... to find out where the problem might lie.

~If you have received your stone(s) .... please post here with a simple, "I received my order" and that will suffice.

~If you have not received your stone(s) ... please post here with a simple, "I haven't received my order" and that will suffice.

I can understand that if some of you have already received them you might be reluctant to even look in here. Although, if you happen to read this ... please post so that I may have a record for my own knowledge. I am in the process of reshipping some of the items that are over 2 weeks late, and it will help me in my endeavors ... not to mention the fact that it will save me the $$.

I will be checking back every couple of hours or so, but as of this posting I have had sporadic internet issues that should be resolved soon.

Thanks

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast