RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Riverwalker76

Boolit Master
    I think the stones were misrepresented. There was a definite lack of communition. Last I was told that it was not possible to get a refund after canceling my order. The problem of the stones missing in the mail is between riverwalker76 and the US Post Office. He should take it up with them.

swamp

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post

Personally, I think that anyone who wanted a refund prior to delivery should have received one. Likewise, for those not pleased with the product received, I think refunds are in order.
    Ditto
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I am sure there will be no refunds as I am also sure that the MODS and Owners of this forum are powerless to do anything about it sad to say. Also sad to say many of us got taken for good money for a pretty rock.

But when I get my rock I will be sure to post pictures.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Mold

Sharpening stone

I got my sharpening stone and Elk antler in the mail today. I'm pleased.
    Thanks, RiverWalker76.
    Tom
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 09-11-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Banned
    excess650 ... I'm curious as to why you used dish soap and water instead of just water ?!? The last I checked ... you don't use dish soap on Arkansas novaculite stones because it acts as a glue! You might be able to get away with it on other stones, but I've never used soap on a stone like this. How would you ever get the soap out of the stone? I'm puzzled by this. The grains of the stone are so porous that anything will go down into them. If you use anything just use water. That way you can wash the stone out when you are finished. I've been using the same stone for 7 years on my knives, axes, etc ... Actually ... my pocket knife stone is smaller than the smallest stone you have, and I've been using it for 2 years now.
    Last edited by riverwalker76; 09-08-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ruley View Post
    I got my sharpening stone and Elk antler in the mail today. I'm pleased.
    Thanks, RiverWalker76.
    Tom
    Thanks Tom! Glad I could help.
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 09-11-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp
    I think the stones were misrepresented.
    Absolutely NOT. These stones are exactly what I represented them as. If the mods hadn't moved my post to the moderator forum .... you would see that what I posted for these stones was as follows ....

"These stones aren't pretty. They do not come in a wooden box, and they are rough around the edges. These stones are what you might find in a Mountain Man's possibles pouch."

To the best of my knowledge ... that's exactly what it said.

Update:

Just talked to 45Nut, and he is going to reinstate the original thread so you can see exactly what I represented them as.
    Last edited by riverwalker76; 09-08-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Boolit Master

That's what you said, that's what I paid for and that's what showed up in the mail. I'm happy with mine also, but then I like unusual stuff.

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    Quote Originally Posted by riverwalker76 View Post
    excess650 ... I'm curious as to why you used dish soap and water instead of just water ?!? The last I checked ... you don't use dish soap on Arkansas novaculite stones because it acts as a glue! You might be able to get away with it on other stones, but I've never used soap on a stone like this. How would you ever get the soap out of the stone? I'm puzzled by this. The grains of the stone are so porous that anything will go down into them. If you use anything just use water. That way you can wash the stone out when you are finished. I've been using the same stone for 7 years on my knives, axes, etc ... Actually ... my pocket knife stone is smaller than the smallest stone you have, and I've been using it for 2 years now.
    I use dishwashing liquid and water to clean the Arkansas stone that I've been using for 30 years. It acts as a surfacant and releases the stuck on particulates and leaves a clean surface. I've always used oil to suspend as much of the metal shavings as possible, and a combination of dishwashing liquid and water will do the same, but not on your rock.

In one of your earlier posts you mention just using water to create a slurry so as to help smooth out the surface, since they aren't flat. In the above you're saying that "the grains of the stone are so porous that anything will go down into them". So which is it?

Just send my money back and I'll send your stones back and we'll be done with this BS!

Boolit Buddy
    I use dishwashing liquid and water to clean the Arkansas stone that I've been using for 30 years. It acts as a surfacant and releases the stuck on particulates and leaves a clean surface. I've always used oil to suspend as much of the metal shavings as possible, and a combination of dishwashing liquid and water will do the same, but not on your rock.

In one of your earlier posts you mention just using water to create a slurry so as to help smooth out the surface, since they aren't flat. In the above you're saying that "the grains of the stone are so porous that anything will go down into them". So which is it?

Just send my money back and I'll send your stones back and we'll be done with this BS!
    I will buy the stones from you, how much shipped?

excess650 good job on the pics.The stones look as good or better then I expected.I ordered a medium and it should be at the post office any day now.I might just see about getting a large size next time...Robin

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    NWFLYJ, PM sent.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

from original post of 8-3:

<<$10 shipped for a small stone (roughly 3" X 4")

$15 shipped for a med. stone (roughly 4" X 6")

$25 shipped for a large stone (upwards from 6" X 8") This one will last multiple lifetimes!>>

I ordered (1) large and (1) medium.

I received (1) 4" x 7" and (1) 2-1/2" x 4-1/2", so I didn't receive what I had ordered.
    Last edited by excess650; 09-09-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Banned
    Just for the record .... here is what the original add stated them to be. They are exactly what the add stated them as.

I have a limited supply of Mountain Man type sharpening stones.

These stones aren't as 'pretty' as the ones you would buy in the store, but they are better than anything that you can buy for the money. These stones can put an edge on any steel blade that would rival most surgeon's scalpels using the right oil and technique.

As I stated before ... these aren't a wooden boxed sharpening stone, but instead a replica of what you might find in a Mountain Man's Possibles Pouch. They are made from handpicked Grade A - Arkansas Novaculite, and I have heat treated the stone at 850 degrees for 8 hours to improve the honing ability and hardness of the stone.

Banned
    from original post of 8-3:

<<$10 shipped for a small stone (roughly 3" X 4")

$15 shipped for a med. stone (roughly 4" X 6")

$25 shipped for a large stone (upwards from 6" X 8") This one will last multiple lifetimes!>>

I ordered (1) large and (1) medium.

I received (1) 4" x 7" and (1) 2-1/2" x 4-1/2", so I didn't receive what I had ordered.
    So .. if I get this right ... you just want to argue. Am I right? First off you complain about the quality, and now you're attempting to 'split hairs' about the size.

Sorry I didn't get down with a ruler and measure every single stone. It's a rough guess, and you seem to be the only person arguing about it. When you found out that people actually liked the stones ... you changed your tune to argue about the size!

Boolit Buddy

As far as size goes, I guess it depends on how you interpret "roughly". I am posting a photo of my "medium" stone.

My stone arrived today, I have it, maybe it will be a good sharpening stone, maybe not, but it is not even close to the size the original ad stated as medium. With that said, I will keep it and try to forget this entire episode.

QUOTE=riverwalker76;994034]So .. if I get this right ... you just want to argue. Am I right? First off you complain about the quality, and now you're attempting to 'split hairs' about the size.

Sorry I didn't get down with a ruler and measure every single stone. It's a rough guess, and you seem to be the only person arguing about it. When you found out that people actually liked the stones ... you changed your tune to argue about the size![/QUOTE]

The original thread was CLOSED by the time delivery was made, so I didn't have your sizes to check them by. With the moderator(s) making the thread available for viewing at YOUR request, I can see that I didn't receive what I had ordered.

2.5 x 5 = 12.5 sq in and very close to your small size rather than the medium ordered
    4 x 7 = 28 sq in and closer to your 24 sq in 4 x 6 than the ("upwards of")48 sq in 6 x 8 ordered.

I ASKED for my money back prior to the delayed delivery. Had you obliged my request, I wouldn't be here now. Complaints started as non-delivery or delayed delivery. After some deliveries were made it was apparent that some of us didn't share your idea as to what a sharpening stone would look like. A rectangular item wasn't expected, but at least a smooth flat surface was. Now its apparent that you didn't even deliver the sizes that were ordered. You certainly have a VIVID IMAGINATION as to what is acceptable, but I don't share the same.
    Last edited by excess650; 09-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I received my stone today. I am satisfied.

I am sorry RiverWalker76 but it is up to each person to determine if they get there moneys worth or not. It has nothing to do with how others may or may not feel about there purchase.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast