WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can SEE!

Boolit Master

I can SEE!

As some of you know I had lost the clear sight in my right eye and have had to learn to shoot left handed. I had been to an optometrist but all he did was a new pair of glasses and no improvement, said I do not know what is wrong. Well I finally had enough about two years and called the surgeon who took my cataracts out years ago and he said come in Aug. 2 at three and we will fix it. Well the waiting and paper work took a whole lot longer than the fixing. Deadening drops sit down looked at a light and blinked when he said (three times) and he zapped it to clear. He said about 50% of people will develop a milky substance behind the new lens and a lazier fixes it fast.
    Now back to "RIGHT" handed shooting. HOORAY!
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Most excellent! Happy to hear it.
    ph4570

Boolit Master

Great for you. Enjoy and shoot. Just leave a few primers for the rest of us. LOL

Boolit Master
    Great news.

Do you see the light!!!

Boolit Master

Way to go! Even though much of medicine is still art, there is progress being mad CONSTANTLY, and we need to be aware of the latest.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I have always been blessed with perfect vision while the rest of my family hasn't. My father has always been "legally blind" because his sight has always been very bad. His vision has gotten to the point that he has no depth perception at all, even corrected and the best they can do for him is 20/300 in one eye. Probably one of my biggest fears is losing my sight. God bless the doctor that helped you so easily.

Boolit Master

I am glad too hear of your improved vision. The problem you had was something I didn't know could happen, or be corrected. Enjoy!

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Talking

Great news. Shooting right handed is over rated.
    I've shot lefty all my life.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

good for you, I am in the opposite position, I have developed a blind spot in my left eye and I shoot left handed. I will have to learn to shoot right handed this year. The doc said yesterday that he thought it was nerve damage from high pressure or from my being on a vent or blood transfusions while I was in the icu the last few months. He also said if it was nerve damage there was nothing he could do about it. But I can still see and the ar with the red dot works pretty good right handed with both eyes open.
    UJ
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Thats awesome! Thank God for good doctors

Boolit Grand Master

Freightman, your mistake was going to an Optometrist. Over a 15 year period and three different Optometrists and steadily decreasing eyesight the best advice I got from any of the three was to get new glasses 2 or 3 times a year. By this time I was legally blind.

This was partly my fault, instead of finding what the real problem was I blamed diabetes for my decreasing eyesight.

Finally took my head out of my hieny and went to an ophthalmologist. The problem wasn't diabetes, it was cataracts. The Optometrists could easily see the cataracts but instead of saying anything they simply sold me stronger and stronger glasses more and more often and said nothing.

An Optometrist earns his living selling glasses, ophthalmologists earn their living fixing problems and thus helping you. If anyone needs eye care I highly recommend seeing a real eye doctor and not a quack eye glass salesman. After I did it's a whole new world for me.

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 08-03-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Glad the doc was able to fix you up.

Boolit Grand Master

I'll second and third what cbrick said. The first time I saw my opthomologist after seeing optomotrists since I was 9 he diagnosed low pressure, wide angle glaucoma. I have only a small amount of loss, he caught it early, thank God. He diagnosed it on the basis of the shape of the optic nerve leaving the back of the eyeball. I was in my 40's when this happened, literally through divine intervention.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

I had the wax paper lens removed from my right eye this morning. Already I can tell a difference, and its only been 4 hours.
    If all goes well the Left will be done in a few weeks.
    Look out world, there's lots of doin gonna git done.

Boolit Master

For those of you with bad eyesight with otherwise healthy eyes, check into LASIK surgery. I went from 475/20 in my right eye and 525/20 in my left eye, to 20/15 in BOTH eyes with "0" astigmatism! Best money I ever spent.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    Freightman, I had the same problem. However, it didn't take my doctors as long to figure it out. I have 20/40 now and my right eye isn't as good as my left. But I'm 71, and while I can't have everything, it certainly is far better then before the LASIK.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by qajaq59 View Post
    Freightman, I had the same problem. However, it didn't take my doctors as long to figure it out. I have 20/40 now and my right eye isn't as good as my left. But I'm 71, and while I can't have everything, it certainly is far better then before the LASIK.
    We are the same age! I was 71 June 6
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

Freightman, Thanks for posting. Education is the answer and by your post a lot of people have learned there are options. I have a lot of training in the care of a patient for the first hour in trauma and cardiac. When my father suddenly lost vision in one eye I had no clue but got him in to the eye Dr who zaped the offending tissue behind the lens, back to good as new.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Master
    Quoted from Freightman
    We are the same age! I was 71 June 6
    April 25 for me. And that's why we both needed the surgeries. LOL
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"