Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: star lube sizer

Boolit Bub

star lube sizer

where can i find one for sale? they don't seem to be around the sale section very much (good thing i guess). magna makes them now as i understand but they dont make it easy to purchase them either. Does some one sell them online? anyone have a line on a used one?

Boolit Master
    They pop up on ebay occaisionaly. Best bet is Magma Eng. The wait time isn't outrageous.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

They are very easy to order!

I did mine last month. Granted, they don't offer much info on the website, but they will happily answer questions on the phone. I called several times and corresponded by email with idiot questions. Call the number to order.
    They told me they will not service pre-Magma Stars and Phelps in-house.

I waited for a used one and dealt on a couple. For what the used one's go for, you can get a new unit for a few dollars more. They don't come with sizers, so order what you need or get one from lathesmith. I figure I'll never sell it and wanted one to last, so I went new. Good quality unit. Any Star is a good tool; if you do a lot of pistol-you'll wonder how you did without!
    Last edited by cheese1566; 07-31-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Boolit Bub
    pistol is my intended use, iv owned a 4500 before. it worked very well but slow. star looks much faster.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    They pop up on ebay occaisionaly. Best bet is Magma Eng. The wait time isn't outrageous.
    Ordered one from Magma two weeks ago, shipped last week -

Jim

no comparison on speed, even if you do a leasure pace.

Plus no worries on lube on bevel bases or correct top punches.

Start basic and work your way up to fancy add-ons.

Boolit Buddy
    If you need one soon I would order it new because used ones online cost almost as much as new and you don't know if they were cared for or were lemons to begin with.

I found one at a gunshow with 3 dies for a fraction of retail, however that was the only cheap star I have found in years of trolling shows. If you hold out for the absolute best price you have to be willing to do without for as long as it takes, even if that means half a decade.

PP

Boolit Bub
    why how long do they take to get when ordered new?

Boolit Master

2-3 weeks. Mine came in 2 weeks. You can ask when you speak to them, they told me I had 14 in front of me and it took the two weeks.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    My last one ordered a couple months ago over the phone (credit card) took ten days to my door !
    Very smooth transaction ! Nice lady to deal with !

I order my dies from lathesmith !

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=62874

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

I inherited one that was in very nice shape and bought one off e-bay that had been pretty well abused, given the condition I overpaid and would have been better off buying one new. Have never regretted the ease of use though.

OH, and Lathesmith make GREAT dies and punches at a great price
    Shotgun Luckey
    SASS #42629
    I'm not a top Cowboy Action Shooter, so I HAVE to look good doing it.

Boolit Master

I got both of mine off fleabay. I make my own dies so I am quite independent. I have no idea how long it takes from Magma.

Bliksem

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Magma is the way to go as like all the other postings you will pay as much or more off flea-bay. Call in your order and talk to Mary. She is very nice and will tell you when to expect your order. Buy the shovel handle with it for a extra $27. Buy your dies from Lathesmith who is a forum member that makes better dies than what magma sells.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

Or get your roller handle from lathesmith when you order you dies. I think his is cheaper too, not by much but when your putting an order in to him anyway.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Bub
    ordered the lubesizer today from magma. feel good about it. it will be nice to get rid of the rcbs.

does anyone make upgrades for it like magma? bullet feeder, air cylinder for the lube ?

Uh, you may want to keep your RCBS - Star does great on production but not as to do weird bullet shapes - I have kept my lyman 450 and RCBS in addition to my Star.

Boolit Man
    Glad you Ebay dudes won out. I paid $300 for a Star and never saw anything but an empty mailbox and hollow follow-thru from USPS. Got suckered in by all the extras in the deal. I will try to get my Star on my next trip to the valley. mw
    Malpais Mike

Cast Boolits Owner

Traded 2 octagon TC barrels for mine and the guy threw in a Bullberry 45 Colt barrel to make me happy. Consider it a great deal everytime I use it. Buy the air cylinder from magma. If you think a star makes sizing faster then get the air cylinder to pressurize the lube. I thought I could not live without a star until I bought the air cylinder then discovered I could NEVER live without a star that has a air cylinder.

R.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Buddy
    Got my Star in a gun transaction from a friend. I was buying a XP-100 from him. When we met to make the deal he he said he had this casting equipment he wanted to get rid of also. Told him I had most I needed but asked how much he wanted for it. Said you can just have it cause he wasnt using it. Contained a Star sizer, .356, .358. .430, .452 dies and punches, Lyman 20lb (older) bottom pour pot, can of lyno, several molds (lyman 9mm 4 cav, NEI 7mm, handles etc. Said he wanted 300-400 for the XP and 200 for a Browning Buckmark silhouette IHMSA commerative. Said OK to it all, how could I pass it up.

Boolit Bub
    so im guessing by the responses that only magma makes accessories for the sizer? Besides Lathesmiths dies and handle of course

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast